SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

March 29, 2007, 09:39:06 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2007, 09:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Forgot login and password « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Forgot login and password  (Read 108 times)
maritimesweather

[-] Forgot login and password
« on: February 17, 2007, 08:16:39 AM »

What would be my best option for retrieving or resetting the username and password for logging into Pro Snippetmaster?

I have v2.2.2 installed on our site, but haven`t used in several months. This morning, I decided to use it, then sat and stared at the login fields because I couldn`t remember either of them Smile The email associated with the account is likely old and not working too.

As the files are encoded, where is this info stored?

Thanks.
Report to moderator   Logged

Bob
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Forgot login and password
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:13:32 PM »

The best thing to do is change the email address for your admin user and then go through the password reminder link.

1) Download the "/snippetmaster/snippet-db/random_name/users.php" database file from your web server to your computer.

2) Open it in a text editor.

3) Change the email address for your admin user to a current address. 

4) Save the file, and upload it to your web server, overwritting the existing file.

5) Now go to the login screen and do the "forgot my password" link.

Smile
shibori
Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »

I too can't remember the password for the main user for the accounts that I setup.  I have gone into this file that you indicated  - I changed the email address to my address and not the client's but I'm not receiving an email.

snippetmaster/snippet-db/random_name/users.php --- I went into this file and then uploaded the change.  I only changed the line that was next to the 'admin' user account.

Any ideas why I haven't received the email?

I can login as the client with the password that I setup for her - but that account is at the super user level and not the admin level.  (I need to upgrade this account to the 'admin' level so she as full access --- but without the password for the 'admin' level I'm stuck.

Thanks,

admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »

The "send my password" utility definately uses the email address for the user.  So if you've changed the email address in the users.php file and it still doesn't work.. then i would ask your web host to verify your email account settings, etc. 

Also, make sure you logout and login again, so that the new users.php file changes are used. 

If you are still stuck, then you can use this password hash below:

Encrypted pw:

V1ZkU2RHRlhORDA9

Non-encrypted pw:

admin

shibori
Beta Tester

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

Is the administrative password based upon the administrative user id and password for the overall hosted account?  I remember setting up an the account and it was asking for the administrative userid and password.

Are you saying if I just use 'admin' as the password -- it should work?
shibori
Beta Tester

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »

How wild --- but yes that did work.
Thanks,
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Forgot login and password « previous next »
Jump to: