SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 06, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 06, 2014, 09:32:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Server Upgrade to PHP 5.4 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Server Upgrade to PHP 5.4  (Read 793 times)
diane

[-] Server Upgrade to PHP 5.4
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »

My host, 1and1.com, is upgrading their servers and will no longer support versions previous to PHP 5.4.

I am running SnippetMaster v2.2.2.

If i upgrade to the latest version, v2.2.3.3, will it support PHP 5.4?
Report to moderator   Logged
ej3-martin

[-] Re: Server Upgrade to PHP 5.4
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:33:14 AM »

Hi There,

I too use 1&1 as my host, and I have several clients who use them.  I am running the latest version of SM (v2.2.3.3).  I have tried changing my global php version in my Control Panel to php5.4 and am unable to access the login screen.  When I try and access it I am just shown a blank white page.  I have tried this on 2 different websites.  I have contacted both Henri and 1&1.  Henri said he was working on a new version of SM - with any luck this will work with PHP5.4.  1&1 were most unhelpful and said that they were unable to do anything to help.  I know SM will work with 5.3, but 1&1 simply stated that they did not support 5.3!  With any luck the new Version of SM will be available by the time 1&1 force us to change over!

If Henri has any more information on the latest version that would be greatly appreciated!

Hope this gives you some more information!
Ed
diane

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 06:25:21 AM »

It does! Thank you for replying! Please post here if you hear from Henri Smile
adrian

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:33:53 AM »

Old topic, but I have some info.

The reason for the blank screen is that ioncube for php 5.4 does not appear to install.  Follow the 1&1 help guide to install ioncube separately into its own directory.  Then change the path in snippetmaster's php.ini to point to the new file for php 5.4.  php.ini file will have to be copied to snippetmaster's subdirectories where there are php files.  I did try to use "suPHP_ConfigPath" in .htaccess to avoid the copying, but it didn't work.

You will now be able to access snippetmaster and despite some errors it appears to work.  I haven't tested extensively so I can't be 100% sure.

Errors for info:
Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/snippetmaster/includes/shared.lib.php on line 0

Warning: Illegal string offset 'snippetcount' in /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/snippetmaster/includes/templates/main.html on line 0
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Server Upgrade to PHP 5.4 « previous next »
Jump to: