SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 07, 2014, 01:24:52 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 07, 2014, 01:24:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Non-Web accessible storage of snippets « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Non-Web accessible storage of snippets  (Read 1531 times)
hahnmarkmedia

[-] Non-Web accessible storage of snippets
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »

Is it possible for me to restrict snippetmaster to edit any and all files in a single, specific, non-web accessable directory?

My current method of providing customers the ability to edit their webpages has me placing files in '/accountroot/editable' instead of located in the public part '/accountroot/public_html/editable'. I dynamically include the content located in the editable directory into the web accessible portions via functions in my site framework.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Non-Web accessible storage of snippets
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:19:40 AM »

Hello,

Yes, I think this is possible.. but to be honest I'm not really 100% sure as I have never tried.  The only problem might be that the Preview function will not work, since the edited file is "included" by a different file.  (Although I'm working on a fix for that..)

(BTW - the way to make this work is to specify the "starting folder" in the user configuration area..)

Let me know how it goes.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Non-Web accessible storage of snippets « previous next »
Jump to: