SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 21, 2018, 06:52:15 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 06:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: autoinstaqller.php -> I was unable to connect to the SnippetMaster server. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: autoinstaqller.php -> I was unable to connect to the SnippetMaster server.  (Read 3983 times)
snipp

[-] autoinstaqller.php -> I was unable to connect to the SnippetMaster server.
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:08:20 AM »

I used the autoinstaller.php for installation and got the follwing error message:

I was unable to connect to the SnippetMaster server.
A problem was found. I will now clean up anything done so far...

The Auto-Installer did not work.
(Please review the error(s) above. Maybe it's a problem you can fix?)

Any thougths?

tia
Hans-Peter
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: autoinstaqller.php -> I was unable to connect to the SnippetMaster server.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:35:10 AM »

This usually means that the method of connecting to www.snippetmaster.com in the auto-installer did not work.

If you would like, I can install the program for you, or you can use the "manual method" of downloading the .zip and uploading it, etc...

Let me know.  I'd like to try it out, because I'm curious as to why it wasn't able to connect... 

Smile 
snipp

[-] Re: autoinstaqller.php -> I was unable to connect to the SnippetMaster server.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:29:07 AM »

This usually means that the method of connecting to www.snippetmaster.com in the auto-installer did not work.

If you would like, I can install the program for you, or you can use the "manual method" of downloading the .zip and uploading it, etc...

Let me know.  I'd like to try it out, because I'm curious as to why it wasn't able to connect... 

Smile 

Thanks for Your offer! But I can't give You ftp access for certain reasons.

Now I tried the installation via ioncube. ioncube itself seems to work.

I did the install in the normal folder 'snippetmaster' and get an error message in the first step of install procedure:
------------------------------------------------
A PROBLEM WAS FOUND!

The following error(s) must be fixed before you can continue:

* The db.inc.php file was not found. Are you sure it exists? To solve this problem, you must create an empty file called to db.inc.php, upload it to your /snippetmaster/ folder, and then make sure it has write permissions.
------------------------------------------------

That happens if I left the 'Path to your database folder:' empty or if set it to the server-path of my snippetmaster folder.
snippetmaster folder is 777
db.inc.php is 666 and exists

Any ideas what to try next or I can look for to find some additional usefull information.

greetings
Hans-Peter
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 10:17:10 AM »

Hello,

The error means that the "db.inc.php" folder is not being found.

I don't know if you know php, but here is the code where that error is being created:
Code:
if (!file_exists($_SESSION['SCRIPT_PATH'] . "/db.inc.php")) {
if (!file_exists($_SESSION['SCRIPT_PATH'] . "/db.inc.php-original")) {
array_push($errors, "The ".$_SESSION['SCRIPT_PATH']."<b>db.inc.php</b> file was not found. Are you sure it exists?  To solve this problem, you must create an empty file called to <b>db.inc.php</b>, upload it to your /snippetmaster/ folder, and then make sure it has write permissions.");
}
else {
array_push($errors, "You must rename the <b>db.inc.php<em>-original</em></b> file to <b>db.inc.php</b> and make sure it has write permissions.");
}
}

So basically, it should only happen IF the db.inc.php file is NOT found and if the db.inc.php-original file is NOT found.

Are you sure the path you are using is valid/correct?  You can find the true path for your server here:

http://www.yourdomain.com/snippetmaster/includes/diag/phpinfo.php

Scroll down and look for the php variables at the bottom of the page.  Your server path will be in there somewhere. (The variable name depends on your server operating system, etc...)

But just check to make sure that the path you're specifying as the db folder path is valid.

Let me know. 
snipp

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:47:51 AM »

I still don't have an idea what's going wrong.

In the 'Path to your database folder:' I type the 'Documentroot' from phpinfo() and cat the foldername of the new snippetmaster installation, which is snippetmaster_new. I hope that is what it is supposed to be.

Your $_SESSION['SCRIPT_PATH'] should have the same value, as far as I understand. Unfortunately I cant check it due to code encryption. Could deliver a short php file, which just prints $_SESSION['SCRIPT_PATH']? That could make it a little bit clearer. Or do You have an other idea?

Thanks
Hans-Peter
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 02:42:03 PM »

Can you send me:

1) Output from this:

http://www.yourdomain.com/snippetmaster/autoinstaller.php?phpinfo

2) A link to this thread.

I will then try to find the correct path to the db.inc.php file and you can check it manually.

henri @ snippetmaster.com
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: autoinstaqller.php -> I was unable to connect to the SnippetMaster server. « previous next »
Jump to: