SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 14, 2006, 05:51:28 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2006, 05:51:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Backup database failure « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Backup database failure  (Read 24 times)
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

[-] Backup database failure
« on: May 09, 2006, 03:25:33 AM »

On one of my servers running Ensim the database backup fails, the page hangs and then clears to a blank screen. This happens during upgrade and also when trying to backup from admin/general. I have tried this on two different domains on that server. Apart from that, the program works as expected.

On another server runiing Ensim, with supposedly the same configuration there is no problem with backing up the db, either during upgrade or from admin/general.
Report to moderator   Logged

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Backup database failure
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:28:45 AM »

Sigh... just once I would love to add a new feature and have it work for every server.  Sometimes I hate programming.   Laughing

Can you send me the ftp un/pw and sm admin un/pw for the one that does not work?  I'll login and check it out.  Not sure what might be the problem but I have a few ideas...

On a side note.. what do you think of the upgrade process? Is it easy? Too hard?  Not enough info?  Too much info?

Let me know what you think. 

Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 03:57:23 AM »

Henri, login details are on the way by email.

The upgrade process (apart from that glitch) was OK, but it may confuse some people in that it first seems like a brand new installation taking place. Perhaps the autoinstall progress page should first report the presence of an earlier version and that an update route is being followed? Other than that it seemd just right - and so very easy!

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 11:27:04 AM »

Good idea.  I will take a look and see if I can do that... the problem is that it doesn't really "know" if it's an install or upgrade until after the install is done.  Smile

But I can switch a few things around and then do the tests before the "trigger" button... that way it's more clear.

Thanks! 

(And I'll work on the problem of the backup not working over the next few days...) 
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Backup database failure « previous next »
Jump to: