SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

November 02, 2007, 09:09:31 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 02, 2007, 09:09:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation error and upload folder not accessible « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Installation error and upload folder not accessible  (Read 9 times)
zwaluw
Beta Tester

[-] Installation error and upload folder not accessible
« on: Today at 03:24:38 AM »

Since my provider has installed PHP5 on his server I'am encountering some problems with Snippetmaster Pro 2, before there were no problems.

First the excisting Snippetmaster in DOMAIN/cms  ( or /var/www/p/DOMAIN/html/cms )  can't upload any images anymore in the folder DOMAIN/images (or /var/www/p/DOMAIN/html/images CHMOD value of 777).
(The altering of html pages with Snippettags in DOMAIN is still working.)

When trying to upload an image to this folder (.../images) I'am getting the next error message (translated from Dutch):
ERROR - The file could not be send
The file you tried to send could not be placed on the server.

I have contacted my provider to ask if they had changed the CHMOD value of my webroot, but it has still the CHMOD value of 755, so that can't be the problem.

Second I can't install Snippetmaster (using autoinstaller.php) on the server.
Here's the error message:
The Install Now! button will become enabled once you have selected the correct folder.
Warning: ftp_nlist() [function.ftp-nlist]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/p/DOMAIN) in /var/www/p/DOMAIN/html/cms2/autoinstaller.php on line 133

Warning: ftp_nlist() [function.ftp-nlist]: Unable to create temporary file. Check permissions in temporary files directory. in /var/www/p/DOMAIN/html/cms2/autoinstaller.php on line 133

But there is a Temp directory ( /var/www/p/DOMAIN/tmp) with a CHMOD value of 777.

What's wrong here?
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

[-] Re: Installation error and upload folder not accessible
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:04:36 AM »

I use SnippetMaster under PHP5 with no issues. Does sound to me like a host configuration issue. For the image upload issue have you checked php.ini to see if file upload is enabled? It does seem, though, that you don't have write permissions for temp files despite 777 permissions. Directory ownership???

You should be able to do a manual install even if you can't create temp files.
Report to moderator   Logged

Kelvyn
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation error and upload folder not accessible « previous next »
Jump to: