An "Upload Group" is a group of folders to which files can be uploaded by the user.
Each user can be assigned to a different Upload Group, so it is easy to restrict uploads for certain users to only certain folders.
For example, if you wanted to restrict the "jimbob"user to only have the ability to upload files to the "jimbobfiles" folder, then here are the exact steps:
- Click the Upload Groups tab from the Admin Area.
- Click the New button
- Give the new Upload Group a name of "Jimbob User Only".
- Specify any desired General Settings. (ie: Restrict maximum file size, etc.)
- Scroll down to the Upload Locations section.
- In the Name column, enter a descriptive name. (This is the name the user will see when choosing this folder location as the upload destination.)
- Click the Add button to add this new location to the current screen.
- Click the Save button. (You have now created a new Upload Group.)
- Click on the Users tab of the Admin Area.
- Choose to modify the jimbob user.
- Scroll down to the Allow File Uploads option and make sure it is enabled.
- Use This Upload Group option and select the "Jimbob User Only" Upload Group that you just created.