SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

July 06, 2007, 05:34:17 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2007, 05:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Version 2.2 - CSS and Select File Dropdown « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Version 2.2 - CSS and Select File Dropdown  (Read 608 times)
kmillar

[-] Version 2.2 - CSS and Select File Dropdown
« on: May 09, 2006, 03:37:34 PM »

Hi,
Downloaded the new Lite version and so far so good. Just two questions before I purchase.

1. My design is heavily designed with CSS and I have the content in a DIV that has text-align:left and the BODY of the page is text-align: center. When I edit the page in IE, the content is left aligned (GOOD), but when I use FireFox, the content is centered. Any idea how to fix this?

2. I could not find in the documentation, but is there a way to show a descriptive name instead of the File name in the Select a File dropdown? It would be so much more user friendly for my client.

Thanks!
Karene
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Version 2.2 - CSS and Select File Dropdown
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:45:17 PM »

Hi Karene,

Welcome!

1) I'm not too sure about that... the two browsers are very different in how they handle HTML, so there's sometimes a few weird things like that.  Is it a showstopper?  Is it possible you could send me a copy of your HTML file (and the CSS file) and I'll test it out to see if I can figure out what is the cause?  (henri @ www.snippetmaster.com)  Don't forget to include a link to this thread. 

2) No, at the moment it's only possible for the filename to be displayed in the dropdown.  However, I do plan to completely change the file "navigation" system in a few months to a more "file explorer" style interfcae.  That should make it much easier to find the appropriate file, etc...  But for now, it only works with the filename being displayed.  Smile

Cheers!

kmillar

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »

Hi Henri,

Thanks for the quick reply.

No it is not a showstopper because my client does not use FireFox. It works correctly in IE6 and in Netscape 7.2.

I look forward to your next release with the UI improved.
Great tool by the way!

Karene
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 04:08:50 PM »

Thanks! 

If you want to send me the page, please feel free.. as I have time, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it's being displayed differently.

Smile
HellsBells

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 02:12:53 AM »

Hi

I'm getting the centred content issue in both Firefox and IE6 - any idea what the problem is?

As this is an old post I'll repost in the general queries - apologies for double posting!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 02:18:10 AM by HellsBells » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Version 2.2 - CSS and Select File Dropdown « previous next »
Jump to: