SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

November 06, 2007, 12:04:20 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 06, 2007, 12:04:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Install Wizard says "The db.inc.php file was not found" « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Install Wizard says "The db.inc.php file was not found"  (Read 748 times)
Ahroo

[-] Install Wizard says "The db.inc.php file was not found"
« on: May 02, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

Hi!

I was unable to install using the autoinstaller, so I have tried the manual process and I'm still having problems. I changed the CHMOD for the snippet-db folder to 777 and also changed the name of the db.inc.php-original file to just db.inc.php, and changed its CHMOD to 777. Both are in the /snippetmaster/ folder. However, when I try to run the Install Wizard, I keep getting this message:

A PROBLEM WAS FOUND!

The following error(s) must be fixed before you can continue:

The db.inc.php file was not found. Are you sure it exists? To solve this problem, you must create an empty file called to db.inc.php, upload it to your /snippetmaster/ folder, and then make sure it has write permissions.

Any suggestions as to what to try next? Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Install Wizard says "The db.inc.php file was not found"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 12:59:08 PM »

Any chance you can send me an FTP un/pw and I can take a look?

henri @ www.snippetmaster.com
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 04:35:14 AM »

Looks like it is a problem with "php session passing" on your web server.  (See the email I sent to you.)

Let me know if I can assist in any way.

Ahroo

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 02:51:38 PM »

For anyone else who has this problem, Henri was able to determine that the problem was with the web host. They did not have PHP configured correctly on the web server, and "session passing" was not supported, as it should have been. I contacted them and they were able to fix the problem.

I also want to thank Henri once again for his help. I was absolutely amazed at how quickly he responded to me and the level of assistance he provided in getting this resolved - especially since I am just using the free LITE version at this point!

It's a great little program and great support. Thanks again!
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 03:00:48 PM »

I am always happy to help, whenever I am able.

Smile

Cheers!
bradhanson

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »

I think i am running into the same problem here..   Is there a way to test to see if the session handling is working correctly?
I tried an automatic installation and it didn't work, so i went the manual process and uploaded the files after unzipping them. Then changed the permissions as stated.  When I go to the site /snippetmaster it then redirects to the /install/install1.php page and says "SnippetMaster Installation ( Part 2) - Install Wizard. 

The path to your database folder:    is blank.. nothing.

i put in what I think the path is (/home/users/web/b1893/moo.marchingrebels/snippetmaster) and it still doesn't work.
yes this is hosted by fatcow.com

Thanks for any help you can provide to get this going..  interesting overnight i was thinking about writing something to do some simple page updates to the static pages of the web site by commitee people of our organization.. i found this on the web and it is exactly what I was thinking would be helpful!

brad
bradhanson

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 05:41:49 PM »

Well me again.   I read through the info on the ISP and they require two lines of code on any PHP script that uses sessions:

session_save_path("/home/users/web/<bucket>/<your_homedir>/cgi-bin/tmp");
session_start();

will look at the package here and see if there is a common include where I could stuff this and maybe it will work?!!

note also i did put a phpinfo.php routine at http://marchingrebels.org/phpinfo.php

thanks brad.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 06:42:41 AM »

Hi Brad,

At the moment, it is not possible to modify SnippetMaster to work around this limitation imposed by your web hosting provider. (I might add this ability in a future version.) 

My suggestion is to either ask your web host to specify the session path in the php.ini file, or to switch to a better hosting provider that uses a more standard server setup.

Check out: http://www.etwebhosting.com/specials/refugee.php

I gaurantee snippetmaster will work for you with ET Web Hosting, and they'll happily move your account over for free.

jolson

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 07:50:46 AM »

Admin,

Could you send me the required php.ini config so I can make those changes?

Thanks,  Joel
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Install Wizard says "The db.inc.php file was not found" « previous next »
Jump to: