SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

October 11, 2009, 04:02:38 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2009, 04:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: How to modify the templates (rebrand, colors, styles, etc...) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to modify the templates (rebrand, colors, styles, etc...)  (Read 2674 times)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] How to modify the templates (rebrand, colors, styles, etc...)
« on: April 09, 2006, 05:28:59 AM »

-----------------------
TEMPLATE CUSTOMIZATION
-----------------------
[1] Please see the Customizing the Templates section of the Documentation and Installation Guide for details on how to customize SnippetMaster.

[2] It is currently only possible to modify the header and footer templates (a rebrandable/reseller license is needed).  It would really be a lot of work to make ALL the templates available for editing right now, so if you need this functionality please email and let me know. Ie: Should I make the ability to modify ALL templates a higher priority or should I concentrate on adding other features and functionality instead?
Report to moderator   Logged
P-INFO
Beta Tester

[-] Re: How to modify the templates (rebrand, colors, styles, etc...)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 06:07:34 AM »

Henri,

If I may ......

I wouldn't be too much concerned about the ability to modify ALL templates.

I sincerely believe it would be much more productive to concentrate on the beta version as is, get the bugs (if any) corrected and promote the RC1 to public release as soon as possible. That way, it will get some pressure of your shoulders, give you more time to concentrate on new features to be bundled in a next release.

The multi-snippet and multi-user capabilities of v2 are certainly the two biggest new features most of your users have been waiting for. All the rest of the additional features are "nice to have'''s.

Just my opinion,

Patrick

(remember, nobody's perfect !!)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: How to modify the templates (rebrand, colors, styles, etc...)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 06:31:53 AM »

Thanks Patrick!

I have decided to put the template system on hold.. and just release it "as-is".  Smile  It goes against my perfectionist personality.. but I agree that the software just needs to get released.

So far, it is bug free, so I am going to be releasing it as RC1 within a few days.  I am working on removing the licensing requirement so that it will now work with a free LITE mode.  (This is how most of my customers use the software, and I want to continue with a free version of Snippetmaster, so I need to have a LITE version available for testing before I can release to the public.)

I am expecting to be finished within a day or two, and then will release.  In the meantime, i've made the beta testing forums open to everyone now...  Smile

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: How to modify the templates (rebrand, colors, styles, etc...) « previous next »
Jump to: