SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 07, 2014, 03:29:16 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 07, 2014, 03:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: How to report a bug « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to report a bug  (Read 7328 times)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] How to report a bug
« on: October 09, 2005, 03:37:59 PM »

Definition of a "bug"

A "bug" is defined as an error in functionality -- when the program does not do what it should have<How to report a new bug

1) Check the known issues page, and then also do a search of the BETA forums to see if someone has already discovered and reported the bug.

2) If someone has already reported the bug... read their report and then add your reply to the same thread to let me know you are also experiencing the same bug.. and also include any additional information that might be helpful.

3) If someone has NOT already reported the bug, then you can create a new <brief description of the bug. (ie: Clicking enter in Snippet Explorer does not work.)

In the new thread please include the following information:

Detailed description of bug:

Exact steps to recreate:

Browser type and version you are using:

Your operating system:

Any useful information that might help to diagnose and resolve the problem:

Thanks very much!   Very Happy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:39:50 PM by admin » Report to moderator   Logged
LisaA

[-] Re: How to report a bug
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:14:07 AM »

Possible bug?

While editing a Snippet, click the help button,
new window opens, click the plugins tab and click any description link (i.e., Advanced HR),
it takes you to http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tinymce/docs/plugin_advhr.html
Broken link, all Tiny Docs appear to have moved

All links in the plugin screen are broken.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:01:22 AM »

Ahhh.. good catch.  I will make sure these links are fixed for the next version.

Thanks!
block

[-] BIG PROBLEM!!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:02:32 AM »

I am having a problem with SnippitMaster Lite.  I have XP and use Windows Explorer 7.  Trying to edit a page in the website and have the following error--now nothing works.  Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTB5.2)
Timestamp: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:38:05 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 103139
Code: 0
URI: http://www.bridgingforlife.com/snippetmaster/includes/tiny_mce/tiny_mce_gzip.php?theme=advanced&language=en&plugins=advhr%2Cadvimage%2Cadvlink%2Ccontextmenu%2Ctable%2Csearchreplace%2Cpaste%2Cfullscreen%2Ccodeprotect&lang=en&index=0

I need help!
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:51:13 AM »

Can you try disabling the "gzip editor compression" option in the general admin settings page?

Let me know...
alex

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »

When I try to use SnippetMaster Lite with php included in the html SM quits editing at the php and adds the rest of the page to the SM webpage. This may seem confusing so I attached a pic of what it lookes like. I am using SnippetMaster LITE v2.2.3.3 with Firefox. Windows XP.

Thanks,
Alex

* test (Large).jpg (119.69 KB, 150x119 - viewed 132 times.)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 04:27:49 PM »

It looks like the php or javascript in your page is messing up the editor.

The solution is most likely to try using the "SNIPPET" method of editing, so that you only load the specific portion of HTML code you want to edit, instead of the entire page (which contains your php/javascript).

I hope that makes sense? 

Here is a link to documentation on how to create SNIPPETS for editing specific areas of your page:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/snippet-tags-basic-config.html

Let me know how that goes.  Smile
alex

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 06:11:22 AM »

I can use snippets and only edit the parts of the page I want but sometimes I want to edit the overall html code and not just pieces of information. I don't know if there is a workaround to this or not. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Alex
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:42 AM »

There is no workaround with the current version, but the next version will be much more compatible with existing javascript and PHP on your pages.

Thanks!
Henky

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 01:04:08 PM »

* error.jpg (34.79 KB, 150x110 - viewed 150 times.)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »

Hello,

I'm working on this, but am so far not able to recreate the problem consistantly. 

(And the problem does not exist in IE, which from what i can see is used by 92% of all SnippetMaster users, so the problem is only an issue for 8% of people using Snippetmaster.)

It will be fixed in the next version, which should hopefully be available by middle of next month.

Thanks!

jterpslaw

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:25 AM »

I have tried logging in through IE and chrome for my site, but every time I do so, I cant access anything because the site gives me a popup saying "Loading the WYSIWYG editor... (please wait)" and that is taking forever to load - I cant get into my website to edit it AT ALL. Can this be fixed?

See attached for a screenshot.

JF

* LyceumEditorIssue.png (111.03 KB, 150x90 - viewed 81 times.)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 05:57:20 AM »

Was it working previously?  If so, it must be that your hosting provider has changed something, or your browser has changed.

You can try a re-installation and see if that fixes the problem.

Also try the online demo to see if the same problem occurs. If it does, then the issue is definately something in your browser that is not working.  (Maybe javascript is being filtered?)

Try here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/demo.html

Let me know.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: How to report a bug « previous next »
Jump to: