SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 21, 2008, 09:43:19 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2008, 09:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Installation Problems - Lite « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Installation Problems - Lite  (Read 3015 times)
RonG

[-] Installation Problems - Lite
« on: January 25, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »

I confess that I am not experienced at designing or installing websites, but I do a decent job at routine maintenance and content updating.  I would like to enable others to focus on the content updating, so I have great hopes for Snippetmaster.  But I can't get it to work.  

When I invoke the appropriate URL, I receive a "not authorized" message.  The chgmod for all my installed files, including snippetmaster, is 755.  Server Tech Support tells me I should be able to do anything with that.

When I invoke the URL to directly execute index.php, I get a long list of Snippetmaster warnings and notices which I don't understand.

Below are: 1) config.inc.php
                 2) Snippetmaster warnings and notices mentioned above

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?  If so, I'll get the congregants who own this website to say a special barucha for you.

NOTES:
a) The name of my root directory, listed in these documents as
"ph.d3nnnnnn", has been changed to protect the innocent, but it has that form.
b) Per Server Tech Support, SSI and PHP 4.x are supported.
c) I haven't changed anything I wasn't supposed to change.

DOCUMENT 1) config.inc.php
<?php

// This is the FULL path to the directory where the SnippetMaster program files
// are located.
// NOTE: If you put SnippetMaster in your "web root" directory, the $ROOT and
//       $PATH settings will then be the same. DO NOT add a trailing slash.
//   $PATH = "/home/snippetm/public_html/lite";
        $PATH ="\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml";

// This is the FULL path to the directory where your website files are
// located on your server (Your web root). DO NOT add a trailing slash.
//   $ROOT = "/home/snippetm/public_html";
   $ROOT =   "\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn";

// Set to the full url to access the value you set for $ROOT
   $PREVIEW = "http://www.tsholom.net";

// Set to the full url to access the value you set for $PATH.
   $URL = "http://www.tsholom.net/sml";

// Specify a list of folders to ignore when browsing for SnippetMaster files.
   $IGNORE = array("data","images","framesets","cgi-bin","cgi-pub","old_site");

// What kind of file types should be visible to the users when browsing for
// images using the WYSIWYG editor?  (The extensions you specify MUST be
// for an image filetype or you will get javascript errors.)
   $VALID_IMAGE_FILE_TYPES =  array("gif","jpg","jpeg","png");

// links using the WYSIWYG editor?
   $VALID_LINK_FILE_TYPES =  array("html","htm","doc","pdf","xls","ppt","txt","jpg","gif","png");

// Set to 1 to use authentication, otherwise set to 0.
// NOTE: If  you don't need password protection, set AUTH to 0.
   $AUTH = 0;
   $USER = "demo";
   $PASS = "demo";

// Set the email address to be used for error reporting.
// NOTE: (Must be set, even if $REPORT is set to 0)
   $EMAIL = "";

// To turn off SnippetMaster errors from appearing in your email inbox,
// set to 0.
   $REPORT = 1;

// What is the maximum size of an editable file in bytes?
   $MAXSIZE = 1000000;

// Set to 1 to enabling printing of WYSIWYG debug messages, otherwise
// set to 0
   $DEBUG = 1;

// You can specify an unlimited number of upload locations for your users. To
// add more locations, just follow the variable pattern.  (Be sure to increment
// the array number for each new location.)
// PATH - The _full_ path to the destination directory. (DO NOT add a trailing
//      slash.) This directory MUST already exist and have permissions of 777.
// NAME  - The text users will see in the Upload window for this location.
// OVERWRITE - For this location, allow files that already exist to be
//             overwritten? For yes, set to 1; for no, set to 0.
// If you don't want to use at least three locations, just delete the lines you
// don't need.  (They are for example only, anyway..)
   $UPLOAD_INFO[1][PATH] = "\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\Webmaster";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[1][NAME] = "webmaster Upload Location";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[1][OVERWRITE] = 1;
   //$UPLOAD_INFO[2][PATH] = "/home/snippetm/public_html/location2";
   //$UPLOAD_INFO[2][NAME] = "Upload Location #2";
   //$UPLOAD_INFO[2][OVERWRITE] = 0;
   //$UPLOAD_INFO[3][PATH] = "/home/snippetm/public_html/location3";
   //$UPLOAD_INFO[3][NAME] = "Upload Location #3";
   //$UPLOAD_INFO[3][OVERWRITE] = 1;

// Do you want to limit the acceptable extensions of uploaded file types?
// To enable set to 1; to disable change to 0.
   $LIMIT_UPLOAD_FILE_TYPES = 0;

// If enabled, specify a list of acceptable file types for the upload function.
   $VALID_UPLOAD_FILE_TYPES =  array("gif","jpg","jpeg","png");

// Do you want to set a size limit for uploaded files?  
   $UPLOAD_FILE_SIZE_LIMIT = 1;

// If enabled, specify the size limit (in bytes) for uploaded files.
   $UPLOAD_FILE_MAX_SIZE = 2000000;

?>

DOCUMENT 2) Snippetmaster warnings and notices resulting from invoking WWW.tsholom.net/sml/index.php

Notice: Undefined variable: _SESSION in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\index.php on line 55

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATH - assumed 'PATH' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\config.inc.php on line 65

Notice: Use of undefined constant NAME - assumed 'NAME' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\config.inc.php on line 66

Notice: Use of undefined constant OVERWRITE - assumed 'OVERWRITE' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\config.inc.php on line 67

Notice: Use of undefined constant FOLDER1 - assumed 'FOLDER1' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 92

Notice: Use of undefined constant FOLDER2 - assumed 'FOLDER2' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 93

Notice: Use of undefined constant VERSION - assumed 'VERSION' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 94

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROOT - assumed 'ROOT' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 75

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATH - assumed 'PATH' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 76

Notice: Use of undefined constant PREVIEW - assumed 'PREVIEW' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 79

Notice: Use of undefined constant URL - assumed 'URL' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 80

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_IGNORE - assumed 'DIR_IGNORE' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 83

Notice: Use of undefined constant AUTH - assumed 'AUTH' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 86

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER - assumed 'USER' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 87

Notice: Use of undefined constant PASS - assumed 'PASS' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 88

Notice: Use of undefined constant META - assumed 'META' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 91

Notice: Use of undefined constant TITLE - assumed 'TITLE' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 94

Notice: Use of undefined constant CONVERT - assumed 'CONVERT' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 97

Notice: Use of undefined constant HTML - assumed 'HTML' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 101

Notice: Use of undefined constant EMAIL - assumed 'EMAIL' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 104

Notice: Use of undefined constant REPORT - assumed 'REPORT' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\snippetmaster.inc.php on line 107

Notice: Undefined variable: action in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\index.php on line 62

Notice: Undefined variable: action in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\index.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined variable: session in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\index.php on line 80

Notice: Undefined variable: action in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\index.php on line 81

Notice: Undefined variable: action in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\index.php on line 85

Warning: fopen(\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml/templates/main.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 501

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for \home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml/templates/main.html (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 502

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 502

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 503

Notice: Use of undefined constant year - assumed 'year' in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml\includes\shared.lib.php on line 104

SnippetMaster v1.0.1.1 ERROR
You may not modify or remove copyright information or link to SnippetMaster. You are violating the license if you remove anything.

It is possible to remove the links, but please contact me for permission.

http://www.snippetmaster.com.
Report to moderator   Logged

RonG
Dwight

[-] Re: Installation Problems - Lite
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 08:42:05 PM »

Quote from: RonG
I confess that I am not experienced at designing or installing websites, but I do a decent job at routine maintenance and content updating.  I would like to enable others to focus on the content updating, so I have great hopes for Snippetmaster.  But I can't get it to work.  

When I invoke the appropriate URL, I receive a "not authorized" message.  The chgmod for all my installed files, including snippetmaster, is 755.  Server Tech Support tells me I should be able to do anything with that.

Well, yes and no Ron. You'll need to make your HTML files, or text files, depending on where the snippets are, ChMod to 666. Nothing biblical there, just the setting that makes them writable.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?  If so, I'll get the congregants who own this website to say a special barucha for you.

Not exactly sure what a barucha is, but I can use all the help I can get..  Very Happy  Let's take a look...

// are located.
// NOTE: If you put SnippetMaster in your "web root" directory, the $ROOT and
//       $PATH settings will then be the same. DO NOT add a trailing slash.
//   $PATH = "/home/snippetm/public_html/lite";
        $PATH ="\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml";

//   $ROOT = "/home/snippetm/public_html";
   $ROOT =   "\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn";

$PREVIEW = "http://www.tsholom.net";

I'm going to bet your trouble is in the root and path.. but I'm not sure I can put my finger on it..  try doing the chmod 666 on the editable files, and see if the errors change. I'll keep thinking and post anything new that occurs to me in the middle of the night..  Smile

It just occurred to me... all my path and root statements use forward slashes.. you are backslashed.. you think that could be the problem? Try replacing all your backslashes with forwards.. I've seen sillier things work..

Dwight

==========
Dwight Jenkins
==========
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 09:42:17 PM »

Hello,

Two things. Ok, actually three.

1) You appear to be using Windows, and Snippetmaster is not "officially" tested on Windows.  (that being said.. it does seem to work for most users...)

2) Try using these values:

$PATH ="\\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn\sml";
$ROOT = "\\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d3nnnnnnn";

3) Can you verify that your php configuration supports the use of "sessions"?  In other words, ask your host if they have enabled the PHP "sessions" ability.  It's highly unusual NOT to have this enabled, but sometimes it happens, and this is the type of error that might occur.

Let me know... Smile
RonG

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 08:07:47 AM »

Thank you very much for your prompt replies. I haven't tried any of them out yet, but will soon and report on results.

A   barucha is a blessing, in Hebrew.  Maybe you would have recognized it had I typed it in a Hebrew font.  Laughing   (Then again, maybe not.)

I find the subject of slash slants to be very confusing.  Rolling Eyes  The prevailing slant illustrated in server site documentation is the model I followed, but I'll certainly try Dwight's suggestion.  

How do you go about modifying chmod?  My file transfer program lets me see the chmod values of my files at the server, but doesn't let me change them.

The point about SESSIONS is very interesting.  Server site documentation mentions that scripts invoking PHP sessions should be initiated with the following 2 lines of code:

session_save_path("/home/users/web/<bucket>/<your_homedir>/cgi-bin/tmp");
session_start();

After plugging in appropriate values for <bucket> and <your_homedir> and establishing "tmp" as a subdirectory to existing cgi-bin, I inserted those lines at the beginning of index.PHP.  I got the same results as reported above, except that there was an additional set of warnings at the top of the resulting list of Snippetmaster error reports.  Perhaps I am inserting these lines in the wrong file?  How do you identify the kinds of scripts which require them, anyway?

RonG
Dwight

[-] Windows Server
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 09:48:22 AM »

Hi Ron,

I completely missed that you were using a Windows server...  so I'm out of my depth..  forget everything I said, and listen to Henri... I'm sure he can get you running... If not, talk to me off line and I'll get you some Unix hosting at a discounted rate on a server I know will work.

==========
Dwight Jenkins
==========
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 12:23:11 PM »

How do you identify the kinds of scripts which require them, anyway?
The current version of SnippetMaster doesn't actually use php Sessions.  However, I have found that if the php configuration doesn't have them enabled, then there is always "something else" that is disabled or likely misconfigured.  Smile

(The latest version of SnippetMaster, due out in a few weeks, DOES use sessions...)

Anyway, it might be easier if I just take a look at your installation myself using FTP. Is it possible you can email me your ftp un/pw and hostname.. and I'll take a look? Send it to henri @ www.snippetmaster.com.

Cheers!
RonG

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 04:45:35 PM »

Dwight, don't give up.  Actually, I think it's a Unix server.

Changing the root/path specifications as Dwight and Henri suggested didn't help.  It seems that the system is as confused as I am about slash slants and recognizes both inclinations.  It also doesn't seem to care about Frigga (whoever she is).  But those proposed faults with the specifications aren't why I'm not up and running.

I am in touch with tech support for my FTP client about the CHMOD facility: supposedly, the client supports it, so why doesn't it work?  I have sent the information Henri requested to him via email.  Stay tuned.

RonG
Dwight

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 05:25:10 PM »

Dwight, don't give up.  Actually, I think it's a Unix server.

Changing the root/path specifications as Dwight and Henri suggested didn't help.  It seems that the system is as confused as I am about slash slants and recognizes both inclinations.  It also doesn't seem to care about Frigga (whoever she is).  But those proposed faults with the specifications aren't why I'm not up and running.

I am in touch with tech support for my FTP client about the CHMOD facility: supposedly, the client supports it, so why doesn't it work?  I have sent the information Henri requested to him via email.  Stay tuned.

Well, in that case, what FTP client are you using? Most of them will let you chmod directly from there. Try selecting the file on the server, then right clicking. Look for a chmod choice, or perhaps permissions or properties, depending on the program.

==========
Dwight Jenkins
==========
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 05:36:20 PM »

Actually, I think it's a Unix server.

Nope, it's 100% most definately a windows web server. Smile  I can tell because the phpinfo.php output (php configuration for your server) shows this:

System  Windows NT IIS08 5.2 build 3790  

It's a windows server running IIS web server software.

I'm in the middle of installing the software for you, so I should know pretty soon if this is going to work or not.. shouldn't be much longer.
Dwight

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 05:39:33 PM »

Quote from: admin
Nope, it's 100% most definately a windows web server. Smile  I can tell because the phpinfo.php output (php configuration for your server) shows this:

System  Windows NT IIS08 5.2 build 3790  

It's a windows server running IIS web server software.

There ya go... Leave it to the experts..  

fading away back into the woodwork....

==========
Dwight Jenkins
==========
RonG

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 05:47:47 PM »

Dwight-

My FTP client is Visicom Media's AceFTP3 Pro.  And you're correct: you right-click on the target folder, select Properties, and eventually you get to a CHMOD dialogue.  Trouble is, whatever change you make doesn't stick.  Today I found a switch that I guess you're supposed to set within a server description dialogue in the FTP client; so I set the option, went back to the server, tried again, and nothing different happened.  So I emailed tech support at Visicom.  Hope to hear from them before the next snowstorm, which is likely to be even worse at their digs in Canada than here in Joizy.

RonG
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 05:47:47 PM »

OK, here's the status.

I think there's something screwy with the PHP configuration for your web server.  I installed the PRO version for you, and I'm still getting this error/warning:

Notice: Undefined variable: _SESSION in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d30053130\sml\index.php on line 55

The contents of line #55 is:
Code:
if ($_SESSION) { extract( $_SESSION, EXTR_SKIP); }

This is pretty generic PHP code, and basically is used to make the program work if "register_globals" setting is off.  The $_SESSION is a generic php variable that should not cause a problem.

There are similar warnings and errors.. and it's almost as if the php configuration for your server expects all php variables to be pre-defined.  Such "predefining" of variables is actually the "proper" way to do programming, but it is rarely done, or required.  I would say that 95% of all php programs don't do this.. including SnippetMaster.  Smile

So... my only suggestion is to hand this over to your web host and ask them to at least get line #55 working.  That's pretty generic php coding, and if that doesn't work, then you'll find you won't be able to run just about any php program.

Your alternative is to find another web host provider that has more of a "standad" php configuration on their server.  I can recommend a few good hosts, if this is something you'd like to pursue.

I wish I had better news for you.  Sorry about this.. I tried to get it working, but I'm pretty confident the problem is with the php configuration itself.

Cheers!   Very Happy
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

Dwight-

My FTP client is Visicom Media's AceFTP3 Pro.  And you're correct: you right-click on the target folder, select Properties, and eventually you get to a CHMOD dialogue.  Trouble is, whatever change you make doesn't stick.  Today I found a switch that I guess you're supposed to set within a server description dialogue in the FTP client; so I set the option, went back to the server, tried again, and nothing different happened.  So I emailed tech support at Visicom.  Hope to hear from them before the next snowstorm, which is likely to be even worse at their digs in Canada than here in Joizy.

They may not have their server configured to allow the "chmod" function to work when done via ftp.  This is very unusual, but I've seen it before.. especially on a windows server.  (They're often very difficult to configure, as the line between good security and "bad" security is pretty close for windows...)

If you can't change your file permissions using ftp chmod, then this is a sure sign that either your host doesn't know what their doing, or they are unwilling to set their server configuration in such a way as to make it "easy" for you, the customer, to use your account.

It IS possible to set up a windows server to still be very secure AND allow customers to use the chmod function in ftp.  But it takes skill and knowledge.  Not every web host has both of those.

Confused
RonG

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 05:24:19 PM »

Here's an update.

I read aloud to my host's tech support team Henri's email about his examination of my installation of Snippetmeaster (leaving out some of the language  Embarassed describing the errors of the host techies' ways).  After a hurried consultation among themselves, they decided that the real problem was the path specification, after all: it should contain backslashes, start with "frigga," and be prefaced with a single backslash, not two.  They also had some excuse about why my chgmods weren't taking that didn't make much sense.  Toward the end of our discussion, as I was mentally formulating a question about whether I'd be better off on their Unix platform, one of them said, "You know, you'd be better off on our Unix platform.  PHP runs a lot better there."

Anyway, I ran with the modifications they suggested, and nothing changed.  So, I'm giving up on the Microsoft environment and will attempt to acquire the authority to move over to Unix.  This will take some time, if it happens at all.  

Thank you very much for the time and trouble you've taken to try and help me.  I hope to get back on track with Snippetmaster in a less hostile environment in a few days.

RonG
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 05:28:11 PM »

Hey, no worries.   I know dealing with hosting companies can be a very frustrating experience.   Wink

If you're looking for good unix web hosting, let me know and I'll give a few recommendations.   Very Happy

I do think there is/was more to this problem then just switching from Windows to unix, as I do have many users of snippetmaster who run the software on windows without any problems.  I'm still convinced the problem is with the php configuration on their windows server.  They are right, however, that getting php to work "properly" (and still be secure) on windows is not an easy task.  

Anyway, let me know if you get stuck with anything.

Cheers!
RonG

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2005, 12:52:09 PM »

I have some partial solutions to the Windows environment installation problems recited in earlier posts, but there's also a new one:

Parse error: parse error in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d30053130\sml\includes\config.inc.php on line 14

Line 14 is the ROOT specification, which reads as follows:

$ROOT = "frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d30053130\content";

I've tried it with one leading \ and with two \\, with the same result plus   errors pointing to an "unreadable character (\)".  I've tried it with a trailing slash, with the same Parse error result.  I've tried it without the lowest level directory, with the same result. (The "content" folder is where the files that I wish to be edited by users are located (including the sml_test.html file that contains snippet tags); earlier, my $ROOT spec stopped at "ph.d~", where the content folder itself appears. However, this change hasn't made any difference. )

I'm offering a deal: you tell me what you think the parse error is all about, and I'll tell you how the dozens of errors cited earlier were cleared.  You'll laugh  Laughing

RonG
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 02:20:40 PM »

Shocked

A parse error means that the php system is not able to "understand" the line.  However, it shouldn't matter whether you have slashes or anything else between the quotes.  That doesn't matter.  (Well, it does.. but not right now.  It matters when we actually try to USE the path value..)  For now, the parse error is saying that php can't actually "read" the value that needs to be assigned to the $ROOT variable.

Can you send me a copy of your config.inc.php file and I'll take a look and see?

Thanks!  (henri @ www.snippetmaster.com)
RonG

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 04:47:03 PM »

Here's the configuration file.  You will note that there is a backslash at the end of the PATH specification. While this is contrary to your commented instructions, it is what made almost all the myriad other errors go away! The other modification that helped was, commenting out the SESSION variable in index.php.  Are you laughing?

<?php

// License Key. A unique license key is required for each hostname (domain name)
// for which you want to use SnippetMaster PRO. To obtain a license key, please
// purchase the program. Volume discounts are available.
   $LICENSE_KEY = "47bae9cdebb143bc8b880883c7e8b65f";

// are located.  DO NOT add a trailing slash.
   $PATH = "\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d30053130\sml\";

$ROOT = "frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d30053130\content";

$PREVIEW = "http://www.tsholom.net/content";

// Set the default language.  The language you specify here MUST have a
// corresponding php language file in the languages folder.  
// (ie: $PATH/languages/english.php)  File names are CASE SENSITIVE.
   $DEFAULT_LANGUAGE = "English";

// Specify a list of folders to ignore when browsing for SnippetMaster files.
   $IGNORE = array("data","images","framesets","cgi-bin","cgi-pub","old_site");

// images using the WYSIWYG editor?  (The extensions you specify MUST be
// for an image filetype or you will get javascript errors.)
   $VALID_IMAGE_FILE_TYPES =  array("gif","jpg","jpeg","png");

// links using the WYSIWYG editor?
   $VALID_LINK_FILE_TYPES =  array("html","htm","doc","pdf","xls","ppt","txt","jpg","gif","png");

// Set to 1 to use authentication, otherwise set to 0.
// NOTE: If  you don't need password protection, set AUTH to 0.
   $AUTH = 0;
   $USER = "demo";
   $PASS = "demo";

// Set the email address to be used for error reporting.
// NOTE: (Must be set, even if $REPORT is set to 0)
   $EMAIL = "";

// To turn off SnippetMaster errors from appearing in your email inbox,
// set to 0.
   $REPORT = 1;

// What is the maximum size of an editable file in bytes?
   $MAXSIZE = 10000000;

// Set to 1 to enabling printing of WYSIWYG debug messages, otherwise
// set to 0
   $DEBUG = 1;

// You can specify an unlimited number of upload locations for your users. To
// add more locations, just follow the variable pattern.  (Be sure to increment
// the array number for each new location.)
// PATH - The _full_ path to the destination directory. (DO NOT add a trailing
//      slash.) This directory MUST already exist and have permissions of 777.
// NAME  - The text users will see in the Upload window for this location.
// OVERWRITE - For this location, allow files that already exist to be
//             overwritten? For yes, set to 1; for no, set to 0.
// If you don't want to use at least three locations, just delete the lines you
// don't need.  (They are for example only, anyway..)
   $UPLOAD_INFO[1][PATH] = "\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d30053130\sml\webmaster\";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[1][NAME] = "webmaster Upload Location";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[1][OVERWRITE] = 1;
//   $UPLOAD_INFO[2][PATH] = "/home/snippetm/public_html/location2";
//   $UPLOAD_INFO[2][NAME] = "Upload Location #2";
//   $UPLOAD_INFO[2][OVERWRITE] = 0;
//   $UPLOAD_INFO[3][PATH] = "/home/snippetm/public_html/location3";
//   $UPLOAD_INFO[3][NAME] = "Upload Location #3";
//   $UPLOAD_INFO[3][OVERWRITE] = 1;

// Do you want to limit the acceptable extensions of uploaded file types?
   $LIMIT_UPLOAD_FILE_TYPES = 0;

// If enabled, specify a list of acceptable file types for the upload function.
   $VALID_UPLOAD_FILE_TYPES =  array("gif","jpg","jpeg","png");

// Do you want to set a size limit for uploaded files?  
   $UPLOAD_FILE_SIZE_LIMIT = 1;

// If enabled, specify the size limit (in bytes) for uploaded files.
   $UPLOAD_FILE_MAX_SIZE = 2000000;

// Enable demo mode? If enabled, the program will NOT allow files
// to be saved. This is usefull for an installation where you want to
// demonstrate the programs functionality without also giving the ability to
// save any changes to your demo file(s).
   $DEMO_MODE = 1;

?>

RonG
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2005, 04:52:20 PM »

Hi Ron,

The other modification that helped was, commenting out the SESSION variable in index.php. Are you laughing?

Very strange!  There is definately something wrong with the php configuration on your server, if it doesn't work with the $_SESSION variable.

It's one thing to make the error go away, but I fear the problem still exists.    Confused

The config file looks ok, and the slash thing is very strange.  Is it possible you can give me ftp access to your account and maybe I'll log in and try to get this going?  I'm still pretty unsure it's going to work, for the same reasons, but it's worth trying again to see what might be wrong.  It could be that php is just so confused that it's reporting something as an error, when in reality the REAL error might be something else.  The php engine is just software, and sometimes it gets extremely confused and spits out the wrong error message...

Let me know.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2005, 07:56:16 PM »

OK, I'm looking at this now...

The line that was causing the problem was this one:

$PATH = "\frigga\home\users\web\b1874\ph.d30053130\sml\";

Basically, the last forward slash was making the end quote appear as a "literal" to the php engine.  So the php engine didn't know when to stop the part to include into the $PATH variable.

ie:

\"  <-- This means that we want to display a quote.
"  <-- this means we are ending the value for that variable.

I hope that makes sense...

OK.. I'm going to keep testing now.  Smile
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Installation Problems - Lite « previous next »
Jump to: