SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 03:42:45 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 03:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Where to change 'localhost' into '127.0.0.1'? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to change 'localhost' into '127.0.0.1'?  (Read 7436 times)
Frank62

[-] Where to change 'localhost' into '127.0.0.1'?
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »

I have installed the LITE version on two of my sites, which run on the same server (different accounts). On one site, I left the lower field of the FTP data form set to 'localhost', and the installation failed. I did not get any error report, but I when I addressed my browser to the snippetmaster folder, all I got was a blank page. A little later, I learned from my host that to get into the database, I should use '127.0.0.1', not 'localhost'.

So, while installing the LITE version on the second site, I changed that lower field, and the installation worked out fine. I tried to remove and re-install SM on the first site, but now the auto-installer skips the step of having to enter the FTP data. And again all I get is a blank page.

I would think that I have to make that 'localhost' change somewhere in the SM folder, manually. But where exactly do I do that? I want to set SM on one site to the demo mode, for which I already made the request, and want to use the other site, my experimental site, to experiment with SM, too.   
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Where to change 'localhost' into '127.0.0.1'?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »

You can set the URLs that Snippetmaster uses manually in the /snippetmaster/snippet-db/random_name/program_settings.php file, and also the users.php file.

Or you can edit the User's "Starting Folder" using the admin link within Snippetmaster...

(BTW - either 127.0.0.1 or "localhost" should work, but it depends on how your computer is set up.  Some computers don't work with the IP and some do... depening on the software.  Snippetmaster doesn't care if you use an IP or hostname, so it's the same as far as it sees things.)

Frank62

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:17:41 AM »

You can set the URLs that Snippetmaster uses manually in the /snippetmaster/snippet-db/random_name/program_settings.php file, and also the users.php file.
My /snippetmaster/snippet-db folder contains only two files: index.htm and index.html. No sub folder random_name. And where do I find users.php?

Or you can edit the User's "Starting Folder" using the admin link within Snippetmaster...
I can't get into /snippetmaster/admin.php. I don't even get the login form. All I get is a blank page, while I'm sure that I'm using the correct url.

Snippetmaster doesn't care if you use an IP or hostname, so it's the same as far as it sees things.)
It's not Snippetmaster but my server that is critical on which is used. A user or program must use '127.0.0.1' to get into the database, cannot use 'localhost'. During the installation I had left it set to 'localhost'.  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:32:36 AM by Frank62 » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:31:19 AM »

Hello,

The database files will be located at whatever file location you specified when you completed the installation wizard.  (It was the first question the wizard asked, which is where you want the database to be located...  it asked for a file path.)

To get the login form, you should just need to go to:

yourdomain.com/snippetmaster/index.php

You don't need to enter "admin.php".  It won't work if you try to directly access that file.

If you're getting a blank page, it usually means either the Ioncube loaders or the Zend Optimizer software is not correctly installed on your web server.  Can you check your phpinfo.php output and see if either of those is installed?

Frank62

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:11:44 PM »

Thanks for the timely replies, Henry.

We're talking here about http://www.website-laten-maken-amsterdam-nh.nl. I had Snippetmaster installed in the folder sm.

Regarding the files you mentioned,
http://www.website-laten-maken-amsterdam-nh.nl/sm/admin.php gives a blank page,
http://www.website-laten-maken-amsterdam-nh.nl/sm/index.php gives a blank page, and
http://www.website-laten-maken-amsterdam-nh.nl/sm/phpinfo.php gives a 404 Not Found, just as
http://www.website-laten-maken-amsterdam-nh.nl/phpinfo.php.

Like I wrote, I tried to remove and re-install SM, to change 'localhost' into '127.0.01', but during the re-install it skipped the step of having to enter the FTP data, including Hostname (default set to 'localhost'). Preferably, I would like to know how to remove SM entirely, so that I can solve possible future problems on clients' servers myself by re-installing.

On my other website where I had installed SM (same server, different account) things are going fine. I just re-branded it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:22:12 AM by Frank62 » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »

Hello,

To re-install Snippetmaster totally.. you just need to "empty" the /db.inc.php file.  This is the "pointer" file, which tells the software where your database files are located.  If you try to run the installation and this file is empty, then it will start over as a new installation.  If this file contains data, then the installation process will think it is an existing installation and will only overwrite all the program files but will not touch the database files.

I hope that makes sense?

admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »

BTW - blank pages typically means there is a problem with the Ioncube Loaders or the Zend Optimizer software installation on the server.  Can you confirm one or the other is installed and which one you're using for Snippetmaster?

ie: Check your phpinfo.php output and confirm the Ioncube or Zend optimizer is installed correctly, and then install the appropriate ioncube or zend version of Snippetmaster.

If you aren't sure, let me know and I can walk you through exactly how to verify.

Frank62

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:45 AM »

No success yet, unfortunately.

Here are my findings, but prepare for some very confusing ones:

• Deleting the contents of db.inc.php, re-uploading autoinstaller.php and running that again brought back the form in which the Hostname had to be entered. I now entered 127.0.0.1, set the Zend/IonCube type to 'Auto' (as had been successful on the other sites) and the installation was successful according to the report. (It said that no Zend or IonCube was installed, and that it had installed the IonCube loaders itself.) However, I still got blank pages when addressing sm/, sm/index.php and sm/admin.php.
  • Next, I started the search for phpinfo.php, with my FTP program. I finally found it in the folder sm/includes/diag/phpinfo.php. I ran it on-site with the browser, and it said that Zend was installed, no mention of IonCube.
  • I emptied db.inc.php again, re-uploaded the autoinstaller, ran it again, and now set the type to 'Zend'.
  • Again I got a report that the installation was successful, and that I could start using Snippetmaster. However, when doing so I now get the message that the web server is not configured correctly because the Zend Optimizer is not installed. No more blank pages, but now I am totally confused...

I will send you my FTP data by email, so you can have a look inside.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:13:29 AM by Frank62 » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »

Hello,

OK, here's how to check if Zend Optimizer is installed on your server:

1. Go to the phpinfo.php page you found, and then do a search on that page for the word "Optimizer".  If it is found, then look if it is next to the word "Zend" and has a version number.  For example, check this page here right above the "credits" section at the top of the page:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/snippetmaster/includes/diag/phpinfo.php

Notice the "with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9" part... that is to show the Zend Optimizer is installed on the server correctly.  (Which is different then Zend Extensions or Zend Engine...)

If Zend Optimizer is not installed on your server, then you can not use the Zend-encoded version of Snippetmaster.  You can either install Zend Optimizer yourself (if you have server admin rights) or you can try the Ioncube version of Snippetmaster.

To check if Ioncube will work for you, go to "ioncube.com/loaders.php" and download whatever loader .zip file is appropriate for your server.  Then unzip and upload them into the /ioncube/ folder, and now run the /ioncube/loader-wizard.php file.  Follow the instructions to install.

Let me know...  Smile

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Where to change 'localhost' into '127.0.0.1'? « previous next »
Jump to: