SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

September 12, 2011, 10:59:14 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 12, 2011, 10:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: multiple permissions « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: multiple permissions  (Read 767 times)
john

[-] multiple permissions
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »

I am setting up a national site that has state chapters.  Does Pro allow for 50 users, that when they log in they only see their chapter sites folders?  I dont want Florida chapter to be able to see anyone elses folders or be able to modify others pages.

That being said; can there be one document that everyone sees (say a page with a calendar that everyone can block out times and dates) and are able to modify?

graffic attached..

Thanks,

John

* cms_explanation.jpg (54.03 KB, 150x71 - viewed 54 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: multiple permissions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »

Hello,

Yes, it is no problem to do this.  What you should do is use the "List Group" feature.. so that each customer has a unique List Group that specifically "includes" ony their folder.

So user "Florida" would be assigned to a List Group called "Florida".  The Florida list group then is set so that all only the "florida" folder is "included".

This way, that's the ony folder the user will be able to see.

Then create the user so that their "starting folder" is your website root folder, which is where the "shared" calendar file should be located.

So when the user logs into Snippetmaster, they'll see the calendar file for editing, and they can navigate into their "florida" folder to see the rest of their files.

I hope that all makes sense?

Let me know how things go.  Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: multiple permissions « previous next »
Jump to: