SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

June 28, 2009, 11:01:19 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2009, 11:01:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Font problem « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Font problem  (Read 53 times)
aj218

[-] Font problem
« on: June 22, 2009, 11:53:44 PM »

I have a site linked with Snippet for editing (pya.org.pk) and i have used a font size of 8pt in it using Verdana family. But when i select it from menu in the editor. The font is smaller than original 8pt. What should i do?? I have made the web in Frontpage.
For now i edit it in HTML source where it edit "font= xx-small" to "font=8pt". But i want to do this without going to HTML source.
Please help??
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

[-] Re: Font problem
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 12:39:46 AM »

The usual workaround for something like this is to add styles for the editor into your site style sheet. See http://www.snippetmaster.com/forums/index.php/topic,1234.0.html

Although that thread is about backgrounds the same principle can apply to font sizes as long as the style is not overridden by in-line styles, or as it seems in your case, by old HTML4 font sizing. The editor at the core of SnippetMaster is designed to edit and create valid XHTML rather than HTML so will try to convert old code into current standard code and in doing this you may see problems while editing and on the web page after saving the edits. I'm not sure there is an easy solution for you.

Kelvyn
aj218

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »

So, what do you want to say that i should edit the CSS file? If yes, then which??
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:21:41 AM »

It should be the site wide style sheet that is attached to the pages you are editing. If you are not using css then you could put the styles into the head of the page, but you would have to do this for every page.

But I think you will still have issues using editors such as SnippetMaster as the pages should really be to at least XHTML 1.0 transitonal code standard, which means that all font faces, sizes etc are set by css and not font= statements.

Kelvyn
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Font problem « previous next »
Jump to: