SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

March 26, 2009, 10:45:22 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 26, 2009, 10:45:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Exclude files from Link File Browser « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Exclude files from Link File Browser  (Read 93 times)
kenian

[-] Exclude files from Link File Browser
« on: March 22, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »

While I can see how to include or exclude folders from view, I want to prevent users from accessing htm files located in site root. To make editable files available I need to have the folder containing them in root for the user to use to drill down to them. Works fine for images, but when the file type is non-image the user sees htm files as well as the requisite folder/s.
In my efforts to work around this issue I moved the editable files down a level and find I now have to specify third level folders in List Groups for them to be visiible which seems onerous.
Thanks
Ian
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Exclude files from Link File Browser
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:45:32 AM »

I'm not certain I fully understand what you are asking...

... but if you do not want your users to see any files in the website root folder, then you can set their Starting Folder to be whatever folder you desire. This way, when they login, they are immediately located in the starting folder you specified, and they can only navigate "down" from there...

I hope that makes sense?

Let me know if I did not understand.
kenian

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

It would seem the issue is with the site structure.  Each user has an htm page located in root.  The files to be edited are in a folder. Setting the User's Starting Folder to the folder containing the editable files prevents the user accessing their htm page. I'm missing something here.

Ian
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »

You can maybe use the Snippet Tag feature, to specifically determine what snippets are allowed to be edited by what users:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/snippet-tags.html

And then have a look at the "users" attribute:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/snippet-tag-attributes.html

So then when your users login, they will only see the files listed for editing that contain a snippet they are allowed to edit.

kenian

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »

Yes, thanks, that's how it is set up now. Each user is set up with a page containing only their snippet, so they are offered only one page/snippet when they log on. Those pages are in root.  However, once they've logged into their page and want to link to another file in a folder, they see that folder and can drill down but they also see all the htm files.

Ian
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »

Ahh... I see what you mean now!

OK.. so what you need is the ability to exclude/include files.  Not just folder.

Is that correct?  This is an interesting situation.. I will add this on the "to do" list, and see if I can come up with a good way to make this happen. 

kenian

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »

Yes, that's what I mean.

In this scenario it would be useful if one was taken to an open folder rather than a level higher displaying the folder name (and the rest of the higher level content not otherwise Excluded) and thus forcing drill down.

Somewhat similarly, it would be helpful if in the List Groups, full paths could be specified rather than each level down sequentially thus forcing user views which require one or more drill downs to view the desired folder's content.

In the instance I have, even being able to specify file type/s would assist, in a similar fashion as you have it for uploads.

2c
Thanks for the assistance.
Ian
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Exclude files from Link File Browser « previous next »
Jump to: