SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

September 05, 2011, 08:40:51 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 05, 2011, 08:40:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Snippet versus Contribute « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Snippet versus Contribute  (Read 1326 times)
belgianshepherds

[-] Snippet versus Contribute
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »

Hi
I have very limited experience in web design etc.  While I previously did my own site, I recently had a friend design my site in return for a Malinois puppy (you gotta love the barter system!).  I specifically wanted a site that I could not change the basic layout, as my last site 'got away' on me!  I have been updating it with Contribute but my trial period is over.  Contribute is quiet expensive, and I like the look of Snippet but am worried that it may be too advanced??  Also - can I start using Snippet straight away or do I need my webdesigner to set it up to be able to use it??  I would rather not have to do this as she has already done so much.

For those interested the site is www.ozbsd.com

Thank you in advance
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Snippet versus Contribute
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:05:45 AM »

Hello,

snipppetmaster is very similar in concept to the contribute software.  It allows you to make specific portions of your website editable, so that you don't mess up the other areas you don't need to be editing.

It's fairly simple to use, and you can set it up yourself if you're comfortable modifying your webpage a bit. You can find information on how to make SNIPPET TAGS here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/snippet-tags.html

Any web designer should be able to set this up for you in about 5 minutes, so it shouldn't take them too long...

Cheers.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Snippet versus Contribute « previous next »
Jump to: