SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

October 02, 2014, 04:25:27 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 04:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: what is <dolphintext> tag? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what is <dolphintext> tag?  (Read 3139 times)
cheapskate

[-] what is <dolphintext> tag?
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:55:18 AM »

hi, i've assigned a username and permissions for a client to go ahead and edit simple bits. now i don't know what he's done but the HTML is now riddled with <dolphintext></dolphintext> tags and i think it's interfering with the rendering of a google map.... besides the point that the page now fails validation on 111 counts! anyone any suggestions? thanks Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: what is <dolphintext> tag?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:10:32 AM »

Hello,

I have never seen any "dolphintext" tags before.  I do not believe this is something that was added by Snippetmaster.

cheapskate

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »

i'll get back to the client and see if he's being an arse by trying to be clever... i really can't imagine it though, it's a pretty weird thing to try to enter...

cheers
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:14:11 AM »

It is definately weird... but honestly, with over 50 thousand Snippetmaster users... I have never had anyone mention anytihng about "dolphintext" tags being edited while editing.

cheapskate

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »

i get to the route of the problem - my client's using screen magnification software - http://www.yourdolphin.com/productdetail.asp?id=1 - called dolphin supernova.

i never knew he was visually impaired - to write an email with hotmail etc he needs to type it into word, then copy and paste it into a browser window.

and that's causing the problem - this software which should surely be transparent is inserting its own tags in!
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:23 AM »

Hmm.. I know MS Windows has it's own screen magnification feature built in for accessibility.  Maybe you can suggest using that instead to your client?

Here are some tutorials you can pass on to your customer:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/magnifierturnon.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/magnifierturnon.aspx

I hope that helps!

cheapskate

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »

yes i thought that the windows magnifier was good when i've had a mess with it, i don't know if there's something special about this software he uses. i need to be careful, i don't want to wade in suggesting alternatives to software he's used for years!

thanks for the pointers to the resources, very helpful Smile

cheers
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: what is <dolphintext> tag? « previous next »
Jump to: