SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 07, 2008, 04:56:20 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 07, 2008, 04:56:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Zend issues « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zend issues  (Read 102 times)
coldframe

[-] Zend issues
« on: March 11, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »

I have Xampp installed on my pc (for testing) - pc runs XP with SP2.

I couldn't get the autoinstall, the zend version or the ioncube to install. I read all faqs etc, went to zend to get "latest version" set it to install - to discover I already had the latest version installed. I came back to faqs here, and went through a number of posts.

Xampp was running PHP 5, so I changed it to PHP4 - still no joy.

I created and ran a .php page, to test Zend was running - no issues, it showed up just fine, gave me a page full of details, all was well.

Zend on xampp ( as it would do on the real web server) would run outside htdocs in a specific folder. Is Snippet Master reaching the correct folder?
Is there an issue with MS XP SP2 ?

I can find no rhyme nor reason to the issues I seem to be having - and am hoping you have a simple answer.

I am currently evaluating 2 bits of code - snippet master and toko. In all honesty, for some unknown reason, yours appeals more to me (love your honesty on the opening pages!) ergo, hope you have an answer to this issue.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Zend issues
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 07:22:47 PM »

Hello,

I am actually running XAMPP myself for development, so I know it works ok with SnippetMaster.

When you go to the phpinfo.php page to see PHP configuration... look in the "credits" box.  You should see something in there about "Zend Optimizer 3.x".  If you don't see the "Optimizer" is installed, then it's not working correctly.

Does the Ioncube version not work for you?  try uploading the ioncube version, and then if it doesn't work, navigate with your browser into the /ioncube/ folder and click the link on the page that appears.  Then go through the testing page to see if it's working...

Let me know how it goes.
coldframe

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:27:13 AM »

From previous posts/questions here, I did find out you were running xampp - hence I figured you would know the answer...

I have re-run php info :

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
    with Zend Optimizer v3.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

And from the credits section:

Zend Optimizer
Optimization Pass 1    enabled
Optimization Pass 2    enabled
Optimization Pass 3    enabled
Optimization Pass 4    enabled
Optimization Pass 9    disabled
Zend Loader    disabled
License Path    no value
Obfuscation level    0

Only thing I can see odd there - is Zend loader - disabled. Might this be the issue?

Clearly, I have Zend installed and, supposedly, running.

From info on this site, it seems Zend is in use on Win IIS servers as standard, so I assume, I have to get zend version running on my trial system - as this is likely to be what will be required on the "real" server.

I tried all 3 versions - auto, zend and ioncube. I sure have zend in xampp. My inclination is, either zend is not correctly running, or, for some obscure reason, my version of snippetmaster (newly downloaded) is failing to see the zend installation.

Any other thoughts?

coldframe

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »

Cracked it.

It WAS the problem that the optimizer, though loaded was NOT enabled.

Here's howwhy:

xampp has 3 (that I found anyway) php.ini files. Opening them in wordpad and scrolling down to zend element they ALL read:

[Zend]
zend_extension_ts = "C:\Program Files\xampp\..."
zend_exteionsion = "C:\Program Files\xampp\..."
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts = "C:\Program Files\xampp\..."
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_optimizer.license_path = "C:\Program Files\xampp\...

by disabling send optimiser here - snippet master was NOT seeing the installation.

I opened ALL 3 php.ini files and manually changed the optimiser:

the line now reads:

zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 1

By changing the 0 to a 1 - the optimiser was enabled and lo, I could start snippet master.

I have no idea how old the installation you have for your version of xampp is, but, the version I have came with zend but was automatically set to have zend optimiser disabled.

You might like to note this fact as I suspect there may well be others out there with very similar issues.

But - I have to say thanks for your very prompt responses - another thumbs up to you.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 12:15:43 PM »

Excellent!  This is good information, and will surely help others with a similar issue. 

Thanks for spending the time to figure this out.  If you get stuck with anything regarding SnippetMaster during your testing, please be sure and let me know, and I'll do my best to assist.

Cheers!

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Zend issues « previous next »
Jump to: