SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 07, 2009, 07:54:05 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2009, 07:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation problem « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Installation problem  (Read 551 times)
windski

[-] Installation problem
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:25:03 AM »

Hi,

I am having problems trying to manually install Snipptmaster on one particular website. (The Auto installer will not work with this hosting.)

I have very recently manually installed Snipptmaster on my own website for testing puposes with no problems.
I have also the very same day installed Snipptmaster on another website with no problems.

The hosting for all of these is with the same hosting company and they are stone walling me when I ask them to help.

The error message I get is:-

A PROBLEM WAS FOUND!

The following error(s) must be fixed before you can continue:

I was not able to find the Starting Folder you entered.
(/home/wentworcom/public_html). Please check that the path exists and read
permissions are set.

Kind regards

Adrian Crew
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 01:37:16 AM »

Hi Adrian,

It is never good when your web hosting provider is not able or willing to help you.  I recommend a new host -- let me know if you would like a good recommendation.  Smile

From the error message you posted, can you confirm that this folder does indeed exist and has "read" permissions for the PHP software (SnippetMaster)?  You should be able to login to your FTP account to check this.

Let me know.  If you'd like to request a free installation, maybe I can try it out for you:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/download/index.php#free_install

Cheers! 
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation problem « previous next »
Jump to: