SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

March 07, 2008, 12:50:37 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 07, 2008, 12:50:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Unable to change starting folder « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unable to change starting folder  (Read 65 times)
Heidi

[-] Unable to change starting folder
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »

Hi!  I finally got the lite version installed.  I want to upgrade to pro, but need to make sure I can use it properly first.
My problem now is that the default starting folder for admin is the snippetmaste/install folder.  When I try to change that to the root folder where my website files are located, I get the 'folder does not exist' error. So I can only see the files within the snippetmaster install folder.

my starting url looks ok (http://mydomain.com)

Is this a problem with incorrect installation?  Please help!

Thank you,
Heidi
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Unable to change starting folder
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »

Hello,

Can you post the output you see from this here:

http://www.yourdomain.com/snippetmaster/includes/diag/phpinfo.php

You should be able to find the "file path" to your starting folder in the bottom section of that page.

Otherwise, you should ask your web hosting provider to tell you what is the full file path to your website root folder.  that is what you want to use as your Starting Folder path.

Let me know.
Heidi

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:06:27 PM »

The closest thing I can find in the huge list displayed is:
_SERVER["PATH_TRANSLATED"] d:\\ensimsites\\Domains\\mydomain.com\\ROOT\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\snippetmaster\\includes\\diag\\phpinfo.php

My site files are located in wwwroot directory, and snippetmaster is a folder within that directory. But when I try to specify just the above path ending in wwwroot (without snippetmaster dir) I get the not found error.  It's as if snippetmaster can see outside the directory in which it is located?  I don't get it. What should I do?

Thanks again,
Heidi
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »

According to that path, you should be using:

d:\\ensimsites\\Domains\\mydomain.com\\ROOT\\Inetpub\\wwwroot

But that does not work?  If not, can you send me an email with a link to this thread, and your snippetmaster url and your FTP un/pw?  I'll then login and upload a quick test file so we can check the permissions are correct for that folder.

henri@ www.snippetmaster.com
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Unable to change starting folder « previous next »
Jump to: