SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 19, 2018, 07:33:07 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2018, 07:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Lite Installed on Subdomain Want to Upgrade to Pro on Top Domain « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lite Installed on Subdomain Want to Upgrade to Pro on Top Domain  (Read 1847 times)
sammy616

[-] Lite Installed on Subdomain Want to Upgrade to Pro on Top Domain
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:24:50 AM »

I installed your lite version of SnippetMaster on a subdomain "www.client.mydomain.com" to test it out and everything looks fine. Now I want to purchase your Pro version to use on my top level domain "www.mydomain.com". Will this work out fine or do I have to install the lite version first on my top level domain? Please advise.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Lite Installed on Subdomain Want to Upgrade to Pro on Top Domain
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »

Hello,

I'm not certain I understand.  If the "web root" for where it's currently installed now is differen then the "web root" for where you want the software to be eventually located... then I recommend installing it on the place where it needs to go, and then using that for testing.  (Just easier that way.)

Either way, the license is transferable.  So if you install it on "www.client.mydomain.com" first, and then later want to change it to "www.mydomain.com", you would simply need to go into the license management system (http://www.snippetmaster.com/orders/client_login.php) and drill down to the license key, and then click the "re-issue" button.  This will clear the current license details, so it can be used for a different hostname.

I hope that makes sense.  Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Lite Installed on Subdomain Want to Upgrade to Pro on Top Domain « previous next »
Jump to: