SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2008, 02:44:59 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2008, 02:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: The db.inc.php file was not found « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The db.inc.php file was not found  (Read 199 times)
Tommie

[-] The db.inc.php file was not found
« on: December 07, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »

Hello,

I installed snippetmaster the manual way on my webserver and followed the instructions on your website.
But i still cannot install the DB :

The db.inc.php file was not found. Are you sure it exists? To solve this problem, you must create an empty file called to db.inc.php, upload it to your /snippetmaster/ folder, and then make sure it has write permissions.

A few years ago I installed a PRO version of snippetmaster V1 on the same server and had no problems ?

If I give you FTP access can you take a look. I would really want to install the PRO version for this domainname.

Regards,
Tommie.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: The db.inc.php file was not found
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »

Hello,

The autoinstaller should create the db.inc.php file for you..  did you try creating the db.inc.php file, as the error message indicated?

If you'd prefer, I can do an install for you:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/download/index.php#free_install

Smile
Tommie

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:18:41 AM »

Yes,

The file is there and I did a chmod 777 on the file and the database directory as stated in your manual.
I installed one of the previous versions of snippetmaster on the same server, a few years ago, and this went fine (except that I had to put a php.ini in the snippetdirectory with some settings changed).

If you like I can create an FTP account so you can install it.
But I really would like to now what the problem was, so I can install future versions by myself.

Regards,
Tommie.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 04:23:43 AM »

Hi Tommie,

I'm not sure what might be the problem.  If the file exists, then the installer should be able to see it.  Is the error the same, or did it change at all?

Yes, if you create an FTP account for me, I can try the install and see what might be the problem.

Cheers!
Tommie

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 05:14:07 AM »

Hello Henri,

I sent you an e-mail with the ftp account data.

Thanks,
Tommie.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: The db.inc.php file was not found « previous next »
Jump to: