SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 03, 2008, 02:53:20 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 03, 2008, 02:53:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Problem with display in editor « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem with display in editor  (Read 194 times)
bobby5959

[-] Problem with display in editor
« on: November 22, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »

Hi I ve a problem with the editor, pls  look in the attached file, then you know, what I m meaning, you cannot see the lines well, they r going together,

pls help!

Thanks

Bobby

* pic1.jpg (64.82 KB, 150x72 - viewed 19 times.)
* pic2.jpg (86.28 KB, 150x128 - viewed 13 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

[-] Re: Problem with display in editor
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 01:54:40 AM »

The images demonstrate a problem with the setting for lineheight in your page styles.

Start by ensuring the the page code itself is valid at http://validator.w3.org/  - for the editor work correctly it is preferable that the page already is valid XHTML 1.0 transitional or better. If not it will try to correct code errors on saving, which is why I suspect a lineheight problem on your page. Is it possible that you have some badly constructed in-line styles? Move these to your stylesheet if possible.

Then make sure that your css is vaild at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/  - this will identify any errors in the stylesheet.

Kelvyn
bobby5959

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 02:10:35 AM »

Thanks for your answer, I was testing the file it seem ok but I ve no stylesheet what should I do now?

txs Bobby
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 04:22:09 AM »

Boby, I worked out the url of your page from one of the images. Looking at the code I can see that the software you have used to write the page does not produce valid XHTML - the page does not even have a DocType. I used to work in a Compuserve forum with one of the orginal developers of this software - he left the project to work on one that did produce valid code (NVu).

You could use a tool like Tidy to clean up the code, especially to get rid of all those in-line styles, especially the frequent occurrences of "style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; LINE-HEIGHT: 100%"" - I'm pretty sure that this style is the one that the editor has trouble with.

Kelvyn
bobby5959

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 11:16:41 AM »

thxs for your help, your advice is ok, its just a lot of work to change all the pages, bcs tity is not working

regard

Bobby
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Problem with display in editor « previous next »
Jump to: