SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 05, 2008, 10:30:01 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 05, 2008, 10:30:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: copying onto new sever « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: copying onto new sever  (Read 322 times)
spaceman

[-] copying onto new sever
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:47:10 AM »

Hi

I have just finished developing a website for my client. They have been testing it on my sever (with snippet master running in 'Demo Use Only' mode).
I have just copied the site to the live sever and have purchased a PRO Rebrandable licence. When I try to access it on the new server I get the messaage: "I was not able to open the database folder specified in your db.inc.php file. (/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/xxxx/snippet-db/xxxxxxx) Either the folder does not exist or it does not have enough read permissions."

I have changed the permissions to match the one on my test server but I still get the error? What is the best way to transfer it to the new server and keep the settings and templates etc ?

Thanks
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: copying onto new sever
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:10:36 AM »

You will need to make sure the file path specified in the /db.inc.php file is correct for the new server location.

Then, you'll also need to search through the files in the /snippet-db/xxxxxx/ folder and make sure all references to any file paths are correct for the new server location..

If you get stuck, let me know..

spaceman

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 04:21:55 AM »

Brilliant, I missed that bit, sorted it now.
Thanks for the quick reply  Very Happy
jdawes
Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 02:16:44 AM »

ive just tried copying SM to a new server i have setup, approximately the same issues, any time i try and open a file in the SM folder errors like.

Fatal error: Unable to read 4941 bytes in /mnt/Target01/339393/www.marrickvillerslallstarsnetball.com/web/content/editor/install/upgrade.php on line 0

Fatal error: Unable to read 4419 bytes in /mnt/Target01/339393/www.marrickvillerslallstarsnetball.com/web/content/editor/index.php on line 0

etc

ive run the diag.php file and the zend and ion cube pass the tests.

I've been through the db.inc.php and the files in the db folder and corrected any of the absolute paths to the new server's path.

I've tried chmodding the db files and folder to 777

Any other suggestions?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 03:04:06 AM »

This error usually is because the Zend or Ioncube system is not able to properly read the file.  Are you using the Zend version?  If so, can you make sure that you uploaded the files in BINARY file transfer mode?

Let me know..

jdawes
Beta Tester

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 03:09:51 AM »

im not sure quite how to check what version im using. The admin.php file opens with this tag though
<?php @Zend;

i used filezilla to transfer the files in the default mode... auto detect i guess.

here's the demo url for the site, ie pre delegation of domain
http://www.marrickvillerslallstarsnetball.com.php4-3.websitetestlink.com/

the diag
http://www.marrickvillerslallstarsnetball.com.php4-3.websitetestlink.com/editor/includes/diag/
both hello worlds seem to work correctly.

phpinfo
http://www.marrickvillerslallstarsnetball.com.php4-3.websitetestlink.com/editor/includes/diag/phpinfo.php

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.13, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.9, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v2.6.2, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 03:25:15 AM »

Hello,

Yes, it looks like you are using the Zend version.  In that case, can you retry the file uploads and make sure to change the transfer mode to BINARY instead of "auto-detect.

Let me know.

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: copying onto new sever « previous next »
Jump to: