SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

December 24, 2007, 12:25:20 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 24, 2007, 12:25:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Hide directory chooser « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hide directory chooser  (Read 443 times)
CarlSeiler

[-] Hide directory chooser
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:57:01 AM »

Is there any way to hide the directory pull-down field for users?  I've successfully restricted the directories available for editing using the "List Groups" settings, but I think it might be simpler if the users not even see that "Select a different folder" pull-down since there's nothing in there.

Carl
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

[-] Re: Hide directory chooser
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 02:49:45 PM »

The directory select box cannot be disabled. That would mean that even admin users could not access other directories on the site. For those sites where the user editable files are in a single directory I set SnippetMaster to use that directory as root and change line 110 on English.php in the SnippetMaster language directory to read:

Code:
$text['folder_drop_down-select_a_folder'] = " Just select file > ";

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 06:37:23 AM »

Hello,

At the moment, it's not possible to hide the directory/folder chooser dropdown.  I'm considering to add this ability as a feature, however... my fear is that allowing this to be hidden could potentially make for some very confused administrators who are wondering how to choose a folder...

CarlSeiler

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:56:05 AM »

I was thinking something more of a conditional display.  Right now, it's doing something like "if user has access to the directory, populate the pull-down with the directory name."  It would seem like an additional logic like "if the user has access to no directories, do not display pull-down."  Admins, would see the pull-down because they have access to the directories.  No confusion.  You could make a Boolean setting in the admin setup screen something like "Show 'Select a folder' pull-down for users with no folder access? y/n."

Just an idea.
Carl
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 08:08:48 AM »

That's a good idea.  At the moment, all users must have a folder (it is the "Starting Folder" in the user profile area), but I will probably add a way for admin to specify that the folder dropdown will not be displayed.

CarlSeiler

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 08:57:16 AM »

Of course, I meant "no other access to directories other than the user start."

Cheers,
Carl
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Hide directory chooser « previous next »
Jump to: