SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

November 08, 2010, 02:37:08 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 08, 2010, 02:37:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Training Manual/Guide book for client « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Training Manual/Guide book for client  (Read 1800 times)
Poppy

[-] Training Manual/Guide book for client
« on: June 12, 2007, 03:05:50 AM »

Hello

I am planning to use Snippet for a clients website.

They have asked for comprehensive training documentation for the CMS (which I am not about to manually write myself) - do you have a downloadable PDF or printable guide suitable for this please?

Thank you
Joanne
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: Training Manual/Guide book for client
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 03:46:25 AM »

I have some basic instructions I issue for clients - none has requested any more help than this! You are welcome to download the file from here.

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 04:31:54 AM »

I don't have any end-user training manual, as the system is pretty basic and very "familiar" to anyone who's used a program like Microsoft Word for word processing, etc...

Here's a blurb from another customer that he gives to his clients:

These instructions will allow you to access your announcement page to make text-edits, or other simple changes, without having to go through me each time.  You may want to print these out so that you can consult them each time you want to make a change.

This page of your site is designed to allow access ONLY to those with the user name and password and only to the [PARTICULAR] section of the [PARTICULAR] page. You may change the text that appears in the edit text boxes as you wish, and then save each page when you are finished.

Don't worry - you can't "break" anything.  The HTML programming code and format will NOT be disturbed.

Step-by-Step:

1. Go to the SnippetMaster login page on your website.  This can be found at [http://www.yourdomain.com/snippets ].  If you would like a link to this page placed on the main page of your website, let me know.  The only people who will be able to access it are those who have the username and the password.

2. Login with your designated username and password. If you click the "Remember me" checkbox, a cookie will be placed on your computer. Then, any time you go to the login page your username and password will be automatically supplied.  Your username iyourdomain.com] folder. This is the folder you want to be in, so leave the box on the left as is.   

4. Using the "files" drop-down menu on the right, select t
Poppy

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 12:18:50 AM »

I have some basic instructions I issue for clients - none has requested any more help than this! You are welcome to download the file from here.

Thanks Kelvyn

However I cannot open the link - well I can but there is nothing there?

Thanks
Joanne
Poppy

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 12:20:08 AM »

I don't have any end-user training manual, as the system is pretty basic and very "familiar" to anyone who's used a program like Microsoft Word for word processing, etc...

Here's a blurb from another customer that he gives to his clients:

These instructions will allow you to access your announcement page to make text-edits, or other simple changes, without having to go through me each time.  You may want to print these out so that you can consult them each time you want to make a change.

This page of your site is designed to allow access ONLY to those with the user name and password and only to the [PARTICULAR] section of the [PARTICULAR] page. You may change the text that appears in the edit text boxes as you wish, and then save each page when you are finished.

Don't worry - you can't "break" anything.  The HTML programming code and format will NOT be disturbed.

Step-by-Step:

1. Go to the SnippetMaster login page on your website.  This can be found at [http://www.yourdomain.com/snippets ].  If you would like a link to this page placed on the main page of your website, let me know.  The only people who will be able to access it are those who have the username and the password.

2. Login with your designated username and password. If you click the "Remember me" checkbox, a cookie will be placed on your computer. Then, any time you go to the login page your username and password will be automatically supplied.  Your username iyourdomain.com] folder. This is the folder you want to be in, so leave the box on the left as is.   

4. Using the "files" drop-down menu on the right, select t

Thanks

Yes I agree that the software is very easy to use and anyone who uses word will have no problems!
However you always seem to get one client that thinks if you don't get a 100 page manual you are missing something!

Joanne
Jenkinhill

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 12:32:20 AM »

It is a pdf file - and it is there.....  You should use FireFox to get it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:34:25 AM by Jenkinhill » Report to moderator   Logged

Kelvyn
Poppy

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 01:49:10 AM »

It is a pdf file - and it is there.....  You should use FireFox to get it.

Hi

I have tried the link http://www.jenkinhill.net/guides/snippetmaster.pdf in Firefox but just get a 404 error page not found.

Thanks
Joanne
Jenkinhill

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 02:42:30 AM »

Joanne, I have added a link to the page here - under documentation. That should work for you!

Kelvyn
Poppy

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 02:45:56 AM »

Joanne, I have added a link to the page here - under documentation. That should work for you!

Thanks Kelvyn
That link works - can I use this manual too for my clients?!

Thanks
Joanne
Jenkinhill

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 02:52:29 AM »

Can I use this manual too for my clients?!

Use it if you wish but you may wish to remove our logo......

Kelvyn
Poppy

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 03:14:54 AM »

Can I use this manual too for my clients?!

Use it if you wish but you may wish to remove our logo......

Yes of course - many thanks
Joanne
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 04:45:52 AM »

Those are really nice.  I like the videos.  Smile

Jenkinhill

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 05:10:53 AM »

I like the videos.  Smile

Yes, I was going to do a full set, but finding the time can be tricky!   Sad

Kelvyn
genecap

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 04:51:42 AM »

Have you looked at the "help" link within the Snippet Master program.
This is a good place to start.
ps: I was a beta tester for 2.0 and created this "Quick Help"

.... Gene
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Training Manual/Guide book for client « previous next »
Jump to: