SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 07, 2008, 04:54:16 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 07, 2008, 04:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: PHP includes not working properly « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PHP includes not working properly  (Read 618 times)
4yourname

[-] PHP includes not working properly
« on: May 29, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »

I have an entire website that consists of:

PHP INCLUDE HEADER

SOME HTML THAT IS EDITABLE VIA SNIPPETMASTER

PHP INCLUDE FOOTER

The only part that shows in the preview page is the SOME HTML THAT IS EDITABLE VIA SNIPPETMASTER part so it make the Preview totally useless. Is there anything that can be done about this???
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: PHP includes not working properly
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:17:18 PM »

Hello,

Unfortunately, the way the preview system works means that this is not possible right now.

I am working on using a different method of doing the preview... but for now it will note execute the file as a .php file, and so php commands will not be run.

Sorry.
4yourname

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:24:22 PM »

Is there a way, in the meantime, to disable the preview button since it will only confuse them to see the page looking seriously messed up when they use the Preview?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:36:58 PM »

Hello,

No, there is no way to disable the preview in the PRO version.

That's a good idea for a feature, though, and I have added it to be included in a future release.

In the meantime, is it possible you could send me a login un/pw to your snippetmaster installation?  I'd like to login and see what your pages look like in the preview.  Maybe there's a something I can do to make it work...

(henri @ www.snippetmaster.com)
4yourname

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »

I've set you up as an admin and let snippetmaster send you your password. Please see notes for your user for ftp login info
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 01:09:35 PM »

Oh... sorry.. I didn't realize that was you.   (I get a lot of emails every day.)

Can you resend, but also include a link to this thread and the URL and username for the login?

Thanks.

cjr18

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 03:15:57 PM »

Hello,

I am experiencing the same exact issue as 4yourname.  I was just wondering if there has been any progress in getting the php includes to show in the preview and editing window so that my users see exactly what they are editing, rather than just a bare-bones text and links (css, among much else, is in the header php include).  I am really eager to see this implemented since, as you can probably imagine, the pages look pretty crappy in the preview (and in the edit box), and I even hesitate now to expose it to my users, since they will probably be confused at seeing the improper formatting.

Thanks!!!

Chris

cjr18

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 07:22:13 PM »

For the time being, I've decided to put the CSS link on each of my pages (rather than just the header php code), and that makes the preview look a bit more realistic.  However, I still think that being able to process the true php in the preview would be awesome!

Thanks,
Chris
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: PHP includes not working properly « previous next »
Jump to: