SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

November 05, 2007, 11:58:33 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 05, 2007, 11:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Auto Install fails on first step. Manual Install not so great either! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Auto Install fails on first step. Manual Install not so great either!  (Read 1101 times)
JoeSchmoe

[-] Auto Install fails on first step. Manual Install not so great either!
« on: June 29, 2006, 06:18:33 PM »

I suspect I am dealing with a PHP installation problem.
PHP was just installed especially for this project. There could easiily be a problem with the way it is configured.
I am running my own W2003 Server, but no very little about how to correctly configure PHP.

Tried to use the Autoinstaller at http://northstar.ods.org/zzzSnippetMaster/autoinstaller.php
The autoinstaller does not display correctly with IE6 or Netscape.

So I attempeted a manual install (using the ioncube files) in the same directory.
The ioncube test program says it is installed correctly.

But when it is time to continue with the install wizzard (step 2) all I get is a blank page.
http://northstar.ods.org/zzzSnippetMaster/

I am really excited about allowing certian users of our system to be able to modify their own pages!
Anybody got any inspration to help?

Update:
I figured out how to turn on PHP logging and discovered the following error:
[29-Jun-2006 22:09:58] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  pasv in C:xxx_path_xxx\northstar.ods.org\zzzSnippetMaster\autoinstaller.php on line 2

Also the Install Wizzard is also getting the path wrong to the "includes" directory:
[29-Jun-2006 22:10:06] PHP Fatal error:  main() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'C:\xx_path_xx\wwwroot/includes/licensing/XMLRPC.class.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\xx_path_xx\wwwroot\northstar.ods.org\zzzSnippetMaster\includes\vars.inc.php on line 0

The link to my PHP install information is here:
http://troop374.ods.org/test.php
(It confirms that both Zend and Ioncube are loaded, but this file will be removed in about 24 hours)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 07:00:58 AM by JoeSchmoe » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Auto Install fails on first step. Manual Install not so great either!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:40:32 AM »

Hmm.. it is definately a php configuration issue, but I'm really not sure what is the setting that needs to be changed... I'm going to investigate, based on the error, and see if I can figure it out.

Report to moderator   Logged
JoeSchmoe

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 07:54:27 AM »

Thanks for offering to look...
Nothing would surprise me here...

I realize that this is not a PHP support Forum and do not expect you to fix my PHP problems. But there are lots of users out there and maybe someone can at least point me in the right direction  Laughing

I do have extensions enabled and basically used the configuration recommended by one installer:
http://www.peterguy.com/php/install_IIS6.html

One thing that I do not understand is that I do not get any errors from the PHP.ini script (even if I intentionally break it).
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 08:03:03 AM »

The problem is ultimately with my code.  (Shocking!!!)  Smile

With php, it is (or was...) possible to "not declare" a variable before it was used.  So what is happening now, it seems, is that the new php installation you have is no longer allowing this to happen.

The error (warning) you see is basically telling you that the "pasv" variable is "not declared" before it is being used.

So.. what I'm going to do is either:

1) Have to go through all my code and fix this by declaring the variables "properly".

2) Figure out what php setting is responsible for this setting and then change it to whatever it should be.  (ie: this error has only recently started popping up, and always for new php installs.  Thus, I think there is some recent change in the php default settings that I need to figure out.)

Either way, I'll get it fixed/corrected as soon as possible.   Hopefully over the weekend...

admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:19:09 AM »

OK, I think I'm going to have to modify my code, as that is the best solution and most practical.

Can you do me a favor?  Is it possible that I could get an FTP un/pw to your snippetmaster installation so I can work on this in an environment where it actually is having this problem?  (On my test servers, I don't get this problem.)

This would be really helpful.  Please send the un/pw to henri @ www.snippetmaster.com if this is ok.  I'll be able to fix this over the weekend, I think.

Thanks!

JoeSchmoe

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:34:31 AM »

Thanks...
No critical rush here, but I suspect several others may eventually want it fixed!

A temporary acount has been created and e-mailed!
(Wow, I see you have already logged in! What fast service!!!)
JoeSchmoe

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »

Any developments?

It looks like "drberholt" and "mdorina" may be having similar problems!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 05:15:11 PM by JoeSchmoe » Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 01:39:56 AM »

I guess this is a PHP5 issue? A lot of hosts are not offering pHP5.0.x apparently because of problems with breaking a lot of different scripts. The main host I use is still using 4.x because of these (and speed) issues,  but will be offering all users a choice of 4.x or 5.x in the near future - and a choice of MySQL4/5 as there are issues with these! It must be a nightmare for coders!

Kelvyn
JoeSchmoe

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 07:58:28 AM »

Hmmmm...

I wonder, can PHP 4 and 5 coexist on the same server?
(I don't really see how)

I guess if we cannot make progress soon, I may remove PHP5 and try to install PHP4

JS
Jenkinhill
Beta Tester

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:09:33 AM »

Hmmmm...

I wonder, can PHP 4 and 5 coexist on the same server?
(I don't really see how)

This is apparently going to be possible with the latest version of EnsimPro - due out about now.

Kelvyn
JoeSchmoe

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 09:16:07 AM »

Well,

After many nights of head bashing I don't know what else to do...
I have been reluctant to post my progress because I was sure this was a server problem not this forum's problem!!!

I am perfectly willing to believe that the problem IS with my server, but after attempting dozens of different ways to install PHP, Google has run out of suggestions.

I have tried PHP4, PHP5, Zend extensions, Ioncube, and everything else I know to try.
All of the PHP test programs I have tried work fine. Just not SnuppetMaster.

I just need to know if I am dealing with a Server Problem or a Snippetmaster problem.

Downloaded the SnippetMaster manual install here (Zend version):
http://northstar.ods.org/ZSnippetZ/index.php

Displays a blank page and gives the following fatal error (in the error log):

[16-Jul-2006 22:47:48] PHP Warning:  main(C:\[pathToRoot]/includes/licensing/XMLRPC.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\[pathToRoot]\northstar.ods.org\ZSnippetZ\includes\vars.inc.php on line 11
[16-Jul-2006 22:47:48] PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required 'C:\[pathToRoot]/includes/licensing/XMLRPC.class.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\[pathToRoot]\northstar.ods.org\ZSnippetZ\includes\vars.inc.php on line 11

Google barely knows what "XMLRPC.class.php" is

One final observation...
http://northstar.ods.org/snippettmaster/autoinstaller.php
Returns: "No input file specified."

Are there any people other writing code similar to SnippetMaster?
I am out of ideas...
JoeSchmoe

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 08:39:18 PM »

Bump.... Rolling Eyes

I have successfully installed AIOCP but it seems very awkard (at best) hoping to get a chance to get SnippetMaster working (soon)

Joe

JoeSchmoe

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 07:04:30 AM »

Henri,

I would be disappointed, but I do not mind getting the response:
"I am not going to be able to make Snippetmaster work on IIS"

Just don't leave me hanging thinking that you are really working on the problem when you are not!
From what I can see Snippetmaster is exactly what I need! So I am still anxiously waiting!

I apologize that we are a non-for profit group and cannot spend real cash for support.
But with currently 225 views of this topic, others do appear to be intersted in this same problem!

Can I get a status update please?
Is your schedule going to be better next week, next month or next year?

If you cannot make this work on IIS could someone recommend a few similar programs that will?

JS
JoeSchmoe

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »

Doesn't ANYBODY have any suggestions for a CMS program that will incorporate into an existing web page?

I do not want to have to re-build an existing functional web site from scratch!!

I have spent many many evenings searching different websites for applications.
From what I could tell Snippetmaster seemed like it was exactly what we needed!
It is a shame it cannot be made to run correctly on IIS    Sad

JS
easy

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »

H Admin,

Have you been able to fix the code?
I am having same issue as described by other users. I am using php5 with latest apache.
Installed using autoinstall script and also tried manual install but seems nothing heppens after the install.
Checked that all the procedure steps taken and seems all is according to installation instructions.

help much appriciated.
regards,

easy
JoeSchmoe

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 07:05:54 PM »

Have you been able to fix the code?
I am having same issue as described by other users. I am using php5 with latest apache.
Installed using autoinstall script and also tried manual install but seems nothing heppens after the install.
Checked that all the procedure steps taken and seems all is according to installation instructions.

Easy...
I never did hear back from the Admin on my problems...
Since he ignored my numerous posts, while answering others, I assume I must have done something to piss him off.
(although in reviewing my posts I still do not know what)

I still have my broken version of Snippetmaster installed and I would still like to get this working!

I am currently using VineType to accomplish what I need, but it took a VERY customized version to meet my needs and it is very awkard to use.

Did you see the post from lccweb on September 21, 2006, 04:46:02 AM?
It looks like he got his version to work on IIS!

It has been a LONG time since I have looked at my problems so I will have to study his post and start all over troubleshooting my application to see if his post will solve my problem too.

JS
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Auto Install fails on first step. Manual Install not so great either! « previous next »
Jump to: