SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 07:42:07 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 07:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Restrict users « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Restrict users  (Read 3315 times)
dbowling

[-] Restrict users
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:04:20 PM »

I am going to run a site that hosts portfolios for several users. I want each user to have their own install of snippetmaster (on one domain though) so they each have a different login. I can't have my clients able to edit other clients folders though. From the demo, it looks like you could use snippetmaster to browse all the way to the root of the domain, which would make a huge security risk.

Can it be set up to restrict access like I need?
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: Restrict users
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 01:06:14 AM »

The new version, currently in the final stages of beta testing will do all that you describe with just one installation. There is a link to the beta software on http://www.snippetmaster.com/forums/index.php/topic,705.0.html

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Restrict users
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 03:45:19 AM »

Yes, the new version will be perfect for what you described.  You can easily create users with their own un/pw, and give them access to their own:

- folders
- snippets

You can even create their own "edit group" of editor options if you wanted (ie: restrict them to bold/italics only if desired.. or whatever.

Smile
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Restrict users « previous next »
Jump to: