SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

June 26, 2015, 05:25:04 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2015, 05:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Removing Snippetmaster from server « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Removing Snippetmaster from server  (Read 1416 times)
TangueroLS

[-] Removing Snippetmaster from server
« on: June 09, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »

I've been hacked and Google has posted nasty warning messages where my website used to be. The only way I can fix it is to get rid of the offending malware and have Google review the site again. Not knowing how, specifically, to remove just the malware, I'm forced to delete EVERYTHING on the server and start over from scratch. Trouble is, only two folders remain, which I cannot get rid of. One of those folders is Snippetmaster > languages. Inside the languages folder is a php file called "Norsk-Bokm�l.php". And, yes, that question mark symbol shows up in the name. No matter what I do, I cannot remove that file or the other unyielding folder, "Stats". Changing permissions doesn't seem to work, either.

Any suggestions? All my sites are down until this problem is fixed.

Thanks.

Lawrence Standifer Stevens
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Removing Snippetmaster from server
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:19:20 AM »

The best I can suggest is to contact your hosting provider and ask them to remove the file.  That's part of the service they should be providing...  If they won't fix that for you, then let me know if you'd like a recommendation for a better hosting provider that actually cares about your business. Smile

TangueroLS

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:49:49 AM »

The best I can suggest is to contact your hosting provider and ask them to remove the file.  That's part of the service they should be providing...  If they won't fix that for you, then let me know if you'd like a recommendation for a better hosting provider that actually cares about your business. Smile

Very odd that you would mention this. I spent my commute time yesterday on the phone with GoDaddy practically begging them to delete these folders and they absolutely refused, saying that it was a liability issue. They were afraid I would sue them if something goes wrong or if I change my mind. Never mind that I was releasing them from all liability, that I could turn around and sue them for NOT removing the folders so that I could continue to use the hosting service they have provided me as a loyal customer of more than TEN FREAKIN' YEARS!!! That. . . . well, you get the idea.

For the first time ever in my relationship with GoDaddy I am totally dissatisfied with with the service I'm getting from them. Normally, as far as I'm concerned, they have the best customer service, the best trained CSRs, and the best product out there. It may be time to take my puny little business elsewhere. They've already said they don't care (though not exactly in words). Makes me very sad and angry.

Any suggestions for new providers? I don't want to go through the hassle of moving everything but I'm forced by the situation to start over anyway, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Lawrence Standifer Stevens
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:52:27 AM »

Hi Lawrence,

Can you send me an email to and I'll send you a reply with my hosting recommendation.  I can *guarantee* you'll be happy with them.  They have the best customer service you'll ever experience.  Smile
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Removing Snippetmaster from server « previous next »
Jump to: