SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 20, 2018, 11:49:37 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 11:49:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Database Installation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Database Installation  (Read 2272 times)
manor7777

[-] Database Installation
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:01 AM »

SUGGESTION!

In future versions, is there any chance the program will be able to link to a mysql database?

It makes much more sense than a database file/folder, and would be easier for *some* people to edit.

P.s I have a non profit SnippetMaster PRO Licence (SM-NONPROFIT-fdb8f41f732de1397b9d7)

Norman
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:47:21 AM by manor7777 » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Database Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »

Yes, this will eventually be added.. the problem is that I wanted Snippetmaster to be brain-dead simple to install...  and for many customers, anything that says "create a database" is a killer. 

What I'll likely do is keep the simple "file system" database as-is, and then add an option to use a mysql database if desired.

Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
manor7777

[-] Re: Database Installation
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 05:26:46 AM »

aaah sounds good

any heads up on when the next version is coming?
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Database Installation « previous next »
Jump to: