SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 07:28:56 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 07:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Session never closes « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Session never closes  (Read 3045 times)
zaque

[-] Session never closes
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:34:34 AM »

Hi, I've seen a couple of posts for the session closing to soon but I have the other problem around, my sessions never expire, I have a session open in fire fox as normal user and one in safari as admin and I have been on for more than 24 hours and still I can edit and work with the snippets and the files. I've checked the php.ini file and the value is in 1440 seconds 25 mins.

thanks.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Session never closes
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »

It might be that your web hosting provider is not respecting the settings you have in your php.ini file. That's the only explaination I can think of, since the PHP Sessions (used for the session duration) is totally configured by your PHP setup for the server, which is managed by your host.

I hope that helps.  Smile
zaque

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »

well its a VPS.... any hint that might help me to fix this?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 12:15:40 PM »

Honestly, I'm not too sure.  The "sessions" timeout in Snippetmaster is totally determined by the PHP Sessions value.  As long as there is a valid PHP Session (the one that gets created when you first login), then the software will stay working.  When that PHP Session times out (according to the php.ini settings for your server), then the session will disappear and Snippetmaster will display the "session timeout" notification.

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Session never closes « previous next »
Jump to: