SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 08:14:46 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 08:14:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Newbie, minor html glitch « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Newbie, minor html glitch  (Read 5142 times)
Sheila

[-] Newbie, minor html glitch
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »

My first time using this (free version) and it installed very easily (got an error about Swedish not installing but I was able to work around it). I added the code to my page and made it writable. it comes up fine and I can edit it fine. However, when I save it, it's adding a space between my top banner and my horizontal navigation. I'm sure it's something simple in my html code however I don't write in code and so don't know how to spot it. I design in NetObjects Fusion which is table based. I'm guessing it's something in that code. If anyone can spot it so I can fix it, it would be GREATLY appreciated. The editable page is at:
http://www.sococulture.org/html/auditions.html
You can navigate anywhere else to see how there is NOT a white gap on the other pages.
Thanks for taking a look.
Sheila
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Newbie, minor html glitch
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 10:28:04 AM »

The problem is that you forgot to add the "closing Snippet Tag" to the page you are editing.

Also, be sure to select to edit the SNIPPET and not the WHOLE PAGE.  Otherwise, if you select to edit the WHOLE PAGE, then the menu will be loaded into the editor..

.. when in fact I think you only want to load just the Snippet part only.

I hope that helps.  Let me know if you get stuck.
Sheila

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:15:50 AM »

Thanks for your speedy response. I pasted this in
<!-- #BeginSnippet name="Name the snippet here" -->
Editable HTML goes between the snippet tags ...

<!-- #EndSnippet -->

I thought that included the ending. I must not be understanding something correctly. What am I missing?

But you are right, I did only want that one portion available for editing so I was surprised when I could see everything. Where do I manage that? Is it setting up the user as having NORMAL access? Right now I'm testing it as Admin.

Thanks!
Sheila
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:19:34 AM »

The problem is that you are missing the "<!-- #EndSnippet -->" part.

When choosing the file to edit, you should select it from the SNIPPET list and not from the "WHOLE FILE" list.

Let me know if you are still stuck and I'll try to help.  But from what I can see.. your page is missing the closing Snippet Tag part.

Sheila

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »

I've attached the auditions.html file. It DOES have the close tag. As soon as I edit it in Snippet it removes the close tag AND adds the ugly gap. Perhaps I've found a bug. I imagine it's something to do with NetObjects crap code. But the tag IS there initially. It simply disappears on writing. Try it yourself and see!

Thanks!
Sheila

* auditions.txt (12.72 KB - downloaded 258 times.)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 11:46:39 AM »

When you choose the file for editing.. are you choosing to edit the SNIPPET or the WHOLE FILE?

Sheila

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »

OK...I think I have it now (at least mostly). Problem was, it was SO easy to install I didn't take the time to READ any instructions! I have now added a name for the snippet, setup a user and added that user to the snippet. Now when I log in as that person I only get that one option and I can edit it as I want. The last piece I now need to figure out is why I have the body area set for a white background but it's changing it to the site's background color. I need to find the place to adjust that. But the rest is squared away now.

Thanks!
Sheila
Sheila

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:45:14 PM »

I haven't been able to figure this out. Right now the work-around is to choose text background color in the WYSIWYG editor to make it white. Surely there's a better way. I know it's taking the background color from the css for the site. Where can I add <BGCOLOR="FFFFFF">? I've tried adding it in the snippet code in various places to no avail. I've moved my text box where the code is into a table that has a white background. The text box has a white background. WHAT must I do to make the snippet background white?

Thanks,
Sheila
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 12:54:09 PM »

Here's a "how to" on changing the wysiwyg editor background color:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/forums/index.php/topic,1234.0.html

I will also be adding the ability to specify a default background color to Snippetmaster, as well as the ability to over-ride the current color by specifying a Snippet Tag Attribute.  But for now.. the "how to" above is the only way to do it.

Sheila

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 01:23:13 PM »

Got it!
Thanks again. You've been very kind and it's appreciated. I'll spread the word about SnippetMaster and willl hopefully get to use it a lot more.

Sheila
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Newbie, minor html glitch « previous next »
Jump to: