SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 12:16:23 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 12:16:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: saving as with PRO « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: saving as with PRO  (Read 3245 times)
Kysmiley

[-] saving as with PRO
« on: May 11, 2006, 05:27:54 AM »

I am now using lite and learning lots. I am wondering if the pro version will allow the users to do a save as instead of just save. This way they can add content and name it as a different page so lets say they then have page.php page1.php page2.php and so on and they can just setup links to each. This way I can just setup some templates where the users will not be changing the layout just the text and images.
Pat
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: saving as with PRO
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:16:36 AM »

This is a feature I will be adding eventually.  However, it requires a lot of thought and planning.

The problem is that, by default, the "main folder" where their files are usually located (your website root) does not have adequate permissions to save new files.  (ie: Create a new file.)

I'm not sure yet what the solution to that problem is, but I'm certainly open to suggestions!

Kysmiley

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 10:07:14 AM »

If I setup sub-dir under then main root and have users allowed to save to the directories directories they already have permission to use. like http://www.mydomain.com/res/file.php then if you want to make changes to the file.php and name it file1.php it would still get loaded to the same folder the file.php is in but as a second file. Or even Have the save as just append to the next file name in line like file.php = 0 file1.php =1 and so I i started at 0 for obviuose reasons. that way if the user hit the save as it would automaticly save to the next number available. Make any sence? As for the main root dir. the only one who can add pages there is the webmaster.
Pat
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:46:16 AM »

Yes, this would work as long as the " http://www.mydomain.com/res" folder has "write" permissions enabled.

What I'm thinking is that I would make it so that the user can "save as" to any folder in their Upload Group.

So if they have three folders specified in their upload group, then they would have three choices where to save the new file.  (Using any name they wanted...)

If the user is not assigned any upload group, then it likely means the admin wants to keep the user very controlled.. in which case it is natural that they would NOT be allowed to "save as".

What do you think of that?

The advantage here is that the Upload Group already has folders defined, and they already would have write permissions... and the user already has ability to upload into them for new files, etc... 

Thoughts?
Kysmiley

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »

That would be ideal. It sure would help with this Realestate site i am working on for the agents to have the ability to update the site soon as they get a listing of sale. it would save me tons of work and the client money.
Pat
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: saving as with PRO « previous next »
Jump to: