SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 20, 2018, 11:06:46 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2018, 11:06:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Manual upgrade - lost users and edit+list group I previously created « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Manual upgrade - lost users and edit+list group I previously created  (Read 2304 times)
Ahroo

[-] Manual upgrade - lost users and edit+list group I previously created
« on: May 10, 2006, 06:41:53 AM »

I had to do a manual upgrade from V2.11 to 2.2 (I was getting the same error message that Danno got in his thread http://www.snippetmaster.com/forums/index.php/topic,965.0.html when I tried the autoinstaller: "I was not able to get a listing of files or folders from your FTP server. You might be able to fix this problem by restarting the Auto-Installer and clicking the 'Use PASV Mode?' checkbox.").

Perhaps I did something wrong in the upgrade steps, but in the process I reverted back to the LITE version. So to get back to the PRO version, I had to re-enter the license key (that took some doing - it kept telling me that it was invalid because it was already in use. I kept re-saving, and eventually it "took").

Anyway, once I was back at the PRO version, I then discovered that the users I had previously created, as well as the edit group and list group I had created, were gone. This is no big deal for me at this stage, because I am still in the process of setting things up and can easily recreate what I lost, but in the future I plan to have many users and groups, and losing this info any time I upgrade could be a huge problem.

Did I do something wrong, or is there a way to avoid this problem in the future when I upgrade to newer versions?

Thanks!

Laura

Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Manual upgrade - lost users and edit+list group I previously created
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 08:28:51 AM »

I haven't seen this happen before, so I'm not too sure what might have been the cause.  The database upgrade system doesn't do anything more then update version info in the database and things like that.. and the autoinstaller doesn't "know" about any of your database files so it can't overwrite anything, etc...  (since your database exists in a location unknown to the autoinstaller, etc.

If it occurs again, please let me know asap!

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Manual upgrade - lost users and edit+list group I previously created « previous next »
Jump to: