SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 22, 2018, 09:29:53 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2018, 09:29:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: manual Install, Access not allowed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: manual Install, Access not allowed  (Read 2701 times)
Kysmiley

[-] manual Install, Access not allowed
« on: May 10, 2006, 06:22:55 AM »

I am attempting to do a manual install and get this message when trying to access www.bluegrassmountain.com/snippetmaster/ Access not allowed. I change permissions on the main folder and I either get that same message of Forbidden I do not have permision to access that folder
Can anyone offer any suggestions
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: manual Install, Access not allowed
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 07:30:24 AM »

Hmm... that's interesting.

When you uploaded the files... if you used the "zend" version, did you upload in BINARY mode?  That might be the issue.

If it was ioncube version, did you upload in ASCII mode?

If you can't figure it out, send me an email with your ftp un/pw and a link to this thread and I'll take a look.  Smile

Kysmiley

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 07:49:16 AM »

I tested the Zend and it works on my host server. I have tried uploading the files two ways with CuteFTP in auto detect and in Binary and get the same response in both sending email now with info
Pat
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 12:26:40 PM »

So the problem is that your web server is not configured to "automatically" recognize the "index.php" file as a valid starting file.

So if you go to "http://www.yourdomain.com/snippetmaster" then it does not work. 

But if you go to "http://www.yourdomain.com/snippetmaster/index.php" the it does work.

What you should do to fix this problem is contact your web host and tell them that you want your website to automatically "recognize and use" the index.php file in the folder as the home page.

This way, when you go to the snippetmaster folder it will automatically start with the right file.

Let me know if you have any questions about anything.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: manual Install, Access not allowed « previous next »
Jump to: