SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 25, 2018, 08:12:36 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2018, 08:12:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Manual Upgrade « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Manual Upgrade  (Read 3174 times)
danno

[-] Manual Upgrade
« on: May 09, 2006, 03:13:45 AM »

For whatever reason the autoinstaller does not work on my host. To upgrade manually from version 2.1.1. to 2.2, do I just need to unzip and upload the new files to my snippetmaster directory, or is there some upgrade script I need to run as well?

Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Manual Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 10:31:38 AM »

For whatever reason the autoinstaller does not work on my host. To upgrade manually from version 2.1.1. to 2.2, do I just need to unzip and upload the new files to my snippetmaster directory, or is there some upgrade script I need to run as well?

Thanks!

You are exactly correct.  Just unzip and upload the new files "on top" of the existing files, and that's it.  The upgrade utility will automatically start when you go to snippetmaster, and take care of the db updates, etc.

BTW - ... any reason why the autoinstaller doesn't work for you?   Maybe I can take a look?

danno

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:14:01 PM »

I've tried everything and still get the

"I was not able to get a listing of files or folders from your FTP server. You might be able to fix this problem by restarting the Auto-Installer and clicking the 'Use PASV Mode?' checkbox."

message. When I initially installed I just did it manually as well.

If you have any ideas what to try, let me know. If you want to take a look I will wait to manually upgrade until tomorrow. Let me know how you want me to send you FTP info. There's not much in there except the program since I am building all my templates offline.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 05:45:16 PM »

No problem then.  I know why this ftp thing is occuring, but I'm not able to fix it very easily.  (basically, your ftp server does not properly respond to the LIST command with a list of folders and files.. so the installer has no way to know what it's looking at.. hence the message.)

I hope to fix that eventually, but for now... I guess it's the old-fashioned manual install method. 

Sorry!  Smile

danno

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 02:57:50 AM »

No problem. As long as I know it's not something I'm doing. I'll do it manually. Thanks, Henri!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Manual Upgrade « previous next »
Jump to: