SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 17, 2018, 03:43:07 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2018, 03:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: front-end protection « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: front-end protection  (Read 3499 times)
chrismol

[-] front-end protection
« on: May 07, 2006, 08:34:41 AM »

In addition to the web page editing functionality, does this software provide any tools to manage access to web pages for the front-end website? I am looking for CMS software that allows me to edit my web page content, and also manage access to that content (by folder) for my customers who use my website. Basically, a simple user management system to create/edit/delete users.

Thanks,
C
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: front-end protection
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 08:37:55 AM »

I'm not sure I fully understand your question...

But yes, you can create unlimited users with SnippetMaster PRO. 

Each user can be assigned to any "List Group", which defines what folders they have access to.  (you can create unlimited List Groups)

Each user also has a "starting folder" value, so you can "place them into" any folder when they login. They can't navigate above that folder.

I hope that helps.. let me know if I didn't understand.

chrismol

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 08:50:54 AM »

Sorry if my explanation was unclear. I am looking for functionality that allows me to password-protect some content on my front-end website. Plus, I'd like the ability to manage the users I give access to my front-end website. Does this make sense? Similar to how amember works. http://www.amember.com/.

I am looking for what snippet does and what amember does all wrapped up in one software package.

Thx,
C
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 08:53:37 AM »

Hello,

Oh, I understand now.

No, this is not the purpose of SnippetMaster.  It does not have the ability to password protect your website pages...

.. basically, it does have user password protection, but only to access the editing system itself.

Smile
chrismol

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 09:00:40 AM »

Ok, thanks. Have you ever integrated your software with something like amember? Any idea if they would work together if I used both?

Thx,
C
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: front-end protection « previous next »
Jump to: