SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 20, 2018, 08:59:01 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2018, 08:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: "Recompile PHP with FTP function," "Zend Optimizer not installed" « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "Recompile PHP with FTP function," "Zend Optimizer not installed"  (Read 4347 times)
Showtimedia

[-] "Recompile PHP with FTP function," "Zend Optimizer not installed"
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:31:16 AM »

Two problems while trying to set up the new version. While setting up the autoinstaller, I got a message saying "Ask your web host to recompile PHP with the FTP Function included and then try the Auto-Installer again." I asked my web host (Pair.com) to help, and they said I'd have to do it myself, but I have no idea how.

Using the manual install method, I ran into another obstacle. When I got to the Install Wizard, I got this error message:
"This file was encoded by the Zend Encoder / Zend SafeGuard Suite. In order to run it, please install the freely available Zend Optimizer, version 2.1.0 or later."

I downloaded the Zend Optimizer, but it's not clear to me how I can install this on a remote host. Can you help?

Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: "Recompile PHP with FTP function," "Zend Optimizer not installed"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 09:16:29 AM »

Hello,

I think you should probably use the Ioncube version, if your system doesn't have Zend already installed.  Let me know, because there's an easy way to test to see which one will work on your system.

For the FTP, I'm assuming you have a dedicated server?  If so, then yes, your web host is correct.. I suppose if they are not managing your setup, then you are responsible to compile php with ftp capability.  I'm not a php system admin, so I have no idea how to do this, and I don't want to break your system.  Smile

Anyway.. send me an email with your ftp un/pw and a link to this thread, and I can take a look for you. 

If you want to try and recompile PHP with FTP functions included, just click that link you get from the error message by the autoinstaller.  There should be some "how to enable this function" instructions in there... (it is a command you have to include when "compiling" php on your server.)

Let me know.  (henri @ snippetmaster.com)
Showtimedia

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 11:33:30 AM »

Actually, I tried it with the Ioncube version first, but that didn't work at all. It seems I have Zend, but without the Zend Optimizer. Anyway, I'll send you my info and perhaps you'll have better luck.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 07:38:02 AM »

No problem.  I just replied to your email.. let me know.

Smile
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: "Recompile PHP with FTP function," "Zend Optimizer not installed" « previous next »
Jump to: