SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 11:10:58 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 11:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Save As « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Save As  (Read 3982 times)
Roger

[-] Save As
« on: May 02, 2006, 02:53:20 AM »

I have a potential user who wants to post news items and articles fairly regularly into his site without bothering their webmaster. An ideal 'Snippetmaster customer!
It ocurred to me that a 'save as' facility would make life easier for all concerned on this type of site.
The webmaster would load up an emply template file. Punters could then call up this template containing all the standard site and page style formatting, fill in the latest news or article and  save the file as  News02-05-06.htm or whatever.
I can't see a way to do this today without the webmaster loading up several copies of the template in readiness for future material. And such blank files would have meaningless file names because you don't know the content ahead of time!
Roger
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Save As
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 05:32:08 AM »

This is a great idea, and is something I want to do...

The only problem is that the folder where you want to create the new file(s) would need to have write" permissions.  For most people, this would mean giving 777 permissions to their web root folder.  Not something a lot of people want to do...

I'm open to ideas?

princeopersia

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 08:48:47 AM »

I have long wanted this feature. I would keep my snippet files in a sub folder and be willing to give it 777 permissions.
metaphor

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »

I echo the request.  The ability to create new pages is about the only thing missing in this terrific program.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Save As « previous next »
Jump to: