SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 04:15:41 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 04:15:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Old 1.x version of SnippetMaster no longer works « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Old 1.x version of SnippetMaster no longer works  (Read 18079 times)
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: Snippetmaster Pro No Longer Works
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 07:53:10 AM »

Thank you Jenkinhill for the pointer on where to find the solution to our problem. 
I did take a look at the new version of SnippetMaster and it looks great.  When I have a bit of time I would most likely get the upgrade and integreate it into my web.  The best thing that I like is the ability for users to be able to paste content from a Word document.

Glad to help. But I'd think of it as a short term solution, as it possibly may not work for IE7 when the final version is released later this year, so don't leave it too long before upgrading.

The new version of SnippetMaster is far superior to the old, and satisfies my main requirements of valid XHTML and cross-browser support. It is also far more powerful and configurable - and looks like getting better all the time!
Report to moderator   Logged

Kelvyn
atlaz

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »

There is an easier fix.
it seems microsoft noticed that their activeX "fix" was more of an bug than a fix, so they released a fix for the fix which solves the oldversion snippetmaster problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912945
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917425

The lower link includes the fix for the problem.

If it was posted here previously, i apologize, didnt have time to read the whole thread.
Best Regards,
Petter Lillhonga
-Finland
Luiggi

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 10:58:52 PM »

kevg

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »

Here's a really easy fix

#1 -- Create a file called "ieupdate.js" that contains the following:

theObjects = document.getElementsByTagName("object");
for (var i = 0; i < theObjects.length; i++) {
theObjects.outerHTML = theObjects<
bikeman

[-] Re: Old 1.x version of SnippetMaster no longer works
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 07:19:02 AM »

I know it's not really the solution but I have now turned off xp updates as I could no longer stand my pc getting slower and slower thanks to the garbage ms chucks out. I used to accept only critical updates but recent updates have severely slowed my pc. Removing every update back to april has restored normality.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,110385,00.asp
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 07:21:43 AM by bikeman » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Old 1.x version of SnippetMaster no longer works « previous next »
Jump to: