SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 11:14:57 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 11:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: change admin password « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: change admin password  (Read 4744 times)
itsjustjeff

[-] change admin password
« on: July 18, 2006, 04:40:07 PM »

Is there any way to change the admin password? When I log in as admin and try to modify (change password) I get the following error.

The program administrator has specified that every user must have a unique email address, and the email address you entered is already in use by another user. Please enter a different one.

Any way to override this?

Thanks
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: change admin password
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 01:05:22 AM »

Looks like a small bug in user management. The workaround is to log in as admin and on the Admin/General panel you should change " Require Unique Email?" to No - save the change. You can then alter & save the password, after which you can, if necessary, change the email requirement back to "yes".

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 03:06:18 AM »

It is not a bug, but is "by design".

The admin user has the option to specify whether all users must have a unique email address.  By deafult this option is "on". 

The "problem" is that when the initial users are created during the program installation.. they are all created to use the same email address that you specified during the installation sequence for the admin user... so when you try to change any of the users...the program sees that the "require unique email" option is enabled and then produces the error you are seeing.

Kelvyn gave the correct solution.  You can easily turn off this option, or you can modify the other users to use a different email address.

I'm open for suggestions on how to improve this so that the problem doesn't occur to start with.. do you think that the email addresses for the other users (except admin) should be left blank when the initial example users are created during program installation?

Jenkinhill

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 03:21:58 AM »

It is not a bug, but is "by design".

I'm open for suggestions on how to improve this so that the problem doesn't occur to start with.. do you think that the email addresses for the other users (except admin) should be left blank when the initial example users are created during program installation?
I think it would be easier for people to understand if the email address was just filled in for admin, who could then modify the other user entries.  They would need to edit these, anyway, if there are to be users other than admin.

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 03:35:45 AM »

Excellent suggestion.  I will make that change right now to the install sequence.  So after the install, only the admin user will have a valid email address.  The other example users will be blank.

Smile
itsjustjeff

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 06:03:36 AM »

Thanks to you both, I'll give that a shot.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: change admin password « previous next »
Jump to: