SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 22, 2018, 08:20:29 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2018, 08:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Won't upload on last folder « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Won't upload on last folder  (Read 3146 times)
bubbadan

[-] Won't upload on last folder
« on: April 08, 2006, 08:13:48 AM »

I don't know why but when I go to the last folder to try to upload (there are 13 folders for galleries) I keep getting the error

Attempting to upload test_photo.jpg
ERROR - The file was not uploaded.

The selected destination folder is not writeable or does not exist. Make sure the destination folder exists and has permissions of 777.

WRONG.. it is set at 777 the folder is there, everything is correct - just like the other 12 folders.
I have even gone so far as to copy and paste the folder name to make sure it is correct.. it is.

This one has me Stumped completely.

Here are the last few folders from my config file

$UPLOAD_INFO[10][PATH] = "/home/username/public_html/content/gallery/Family Disfunctions/Sarah Turns 24";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[10][NAME] = "Sarah Turns 24";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[10][OVERWRITE] = 1;
   $UPLOAD_INFO[11][PATH] = "/home/username/public_html/content/gallery/Family Disfunctions/Water Sports Guys";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[11][NAME] = "Water Sports Guys";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[11][OVERWRITE] = 1;
   $UPLOAD_INFO[12][PATH] = "/home/username/public_html/content/gallery/Murder Parties/Assassination In Hollywood";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[12][NAME] = "Assassination In Hollywood";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[12][OVERWRITE] = 1;
   $UPLOAD_INFO[13][PATH] = "/home/username/public_html/content/gallery/Murder Parties/Business Of Murder";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[13][NAME] = "Business Of Murder";
   $UPLOAD_INFO[13][OVERWRITE] = 1;

Please note that I have NO problem at all with 10, 11 and 12 they upload just fine.. just number 13 - maybe it doesn't like the number 13? Wink

Do you see anything amiss? Am I missing a comma or period somewhere?

Bubba

Report to moderator   Logged
bubbadan

[-] Re: Won't upload on last folder
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 08:22:59 AM »

Ok just saw this.. it appears the photos permissions are being set to 600?
should they be 644 at least?

But it loads them in all the other folders no problems and they show in the other folders when you go to the gallery just fine and are set to 600... weird.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Won't upload on last folder
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 09:01:02 AM »

Very strange.

1) Try using this destination folder for one of the other upload locations and see if the same things happens.  If so, then you definately know it's a problem with the destination folder name.

2) It might be that your server is changing the file permissions after the upload... strange that it's only doing it for the one folder location... but not an unusual situation.

The good news is that the new version of snippetmaster has some logic to automatically "check" after the file is uploaded to see if there are "enough" read permissions for the new file.  If not, then it tries to give read permissions...

Smile

Should be TOO much longer before beta testing is done, or you're welcome to join the beta test team now and give it a whirl...

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Won't upload on last folder « previous next »
Jump to: