SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 03:40:01 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Different editor « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Different editor  (Read 2878 times)
muhkayoh

[-] Different editor
« on: April 02, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »

Hi,

I was just checking out the demo and think the program is great overall.  Good idea and well done.

The major suggestion I have is to get a more cross-platform WYSIWYG editor.  Maybe you could use whatever it is they have in the latest version of WordPress.

I saw that SnippetMaster  has only been tested in IE so I was not surprised when the editor failed in FireFox (my preferred browser).  But when I opened IE (which I mostly keep so I can see web pages that I work on the same way that most people see them Wink ) the page kept trying to install Microsoft Word.  I don't have that either as I'm an Open Office guy.  I was able to finally run the demo by just canceling the browser's attempt to install Word, but I could see the scenario being confusing to some users.

So, while the path you've chosen will certainly work for the majority of users, moving to a more cross platform editor would seem to be a good idea.  And again I recommend the editor used in WordPress (the blog software) because I've never had a problem with it in any browser.

Cheers,

Matt Jordan
ShortTrackTalk.com
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 04:33:43 PM by muhkayoh » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Different editor
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 03:02:16 AM »

(tinyMCE)  It is not a perfect editor, but it certainly is cross-browser compatible, and works on the MAC.  It is MUCH better then the current editor, and is a major improvement.

I'm looking forward to having the beta testing finished over the next few weeks, so be sure to subscribe to the mailing list so you know when it is released for final production.

Cheers!

Very Happy
Report to moderator   Logged
muhkayoh

[-] Re: Different editor
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 12:19:33 PM »

Glad to hear it and thanks again for the work you do.

Matt
ShortTrackTalk.com
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Different editor « previous next »
Jump to: