SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 23, 2018, 11:19:18 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 11:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: A bit more info please! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A bit more info please!  (Read 2988 times)
baouss03

[-] A bit more info please!
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:10:32 AM »

Hi,

I'm new to content management systems and have just discovered SnippetMaster which I think might provide me with what I need.  If you could just homour me and tell me in a little more detail how I would implement it and how the licencing works:

I need my clients to be able to easily update text and images on the sites I have designed for them.  How would I set up SnippetMaster to do this?  Would my clients need to purchase SnippetMaster themselves and install it on their computer (through me - is this how the reseller licence works?)?  Or is it accessed online and therefore I would just need to set it up for their domain on their behalf?  I understand that I would need to purchase a license for each customer's domain.

So far, the only content management systems I have come across require the software to be installed on the computer trying to edit the site (i.e. on my cutomer's computers).  I do not feel this is particularly practical and rather defeats the object of saving time and money for my customers and myself when it comes to updating their sites.  So if SnippetMaster is something that I would ultimately have control over (i.e. just give my customers login details and away they go), then it is definitely what I want. 

Could you just elaborate on how someone in my situation would enable their clients to use SnippetMaster to make updates to their sites?

Thanks for your patience! Very Happy
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: A bit more info please!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:24:12 AM »

Hello,

The software needs to be "installed" on the web server where you customer's website is located.  The installation is fairly simple (especially with the new version that will be released in about 2 weeks), and I'm always available to assist if needed.

Basically, once the software is installed, you will need to add the "snippet tags" around the area(s) of the webpage you want your clients to be able to modify.  Then, they go to the software (wherever you have installed it), login, and they will see a list of the files you have added the snippet tags to.  They can pick which file they want to edit, it opens in the editor, they make a change, and then save it.  That's it.

The "Reseller" version of snippetmaster PRO is basically just a "rebrandable" version.  The only difference is that you can rebrand it to your own copyright, link to your own website, etc... if that isn't important to you, then you can get the free LITE version, or you can purchase the PRO "regular" version.

Cheers!

baouss03

[-] Re: A bit more info please!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

Excellent - that sounds like just what I'm looking for!  Thanks for the reply Very Happy
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: A bit more info please! « previous next »
Jump to: