SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 23, 2018, 12:13:16 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 12:13:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Can Snippetmaster help me edit my .php scripted web site « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can Snippetmaster help me edit my .php scripted web site  (Read 5406 times)
emailgirls

[-] Can Snippetmaster help me edit my .php scripted web site
« on: November 30, 2005, 07:22:21 AM »

Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Can Snippetmaster help me edit my .php scripted web site
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 06:26:37 PM »

Hello,

It sounds like someone has built a website for you already.. so my first advice is to contact them and ask them how to update your website pages.  Smile

OK... you can use snippetmaster as a "web page editor" for ANY text files.  Thus, if your template files have all your website html code in them... then that is where you would put the snippet tags. 

I'm really not sure how best to proceed with more advice, because it sounds like your website "source" is a bit complicated.  Was it programmed by someone? 

emailgirls

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 08:18:15 PM »

I purchased the pre-package dating software from aeWebworks located at http://www.aewebworks.com and http://www.aedating.com. I just made the purchase of the software script and installed it myself following there install instructions that came in the "read-me file). Yes, its a bit complicate to me as I do not have any .php or script or database experience. Sad

My only problem so far, is finding the actual content and links to edit it. To edit the logo, I was told to go to the applicable template that I am using, then image file and put the desired new logo in that image file and rename it logo which will over-ride the braded logo. Now how can I applying this to text. I don't know and answers are almost non-existent from the manufacture. This is the reason I am very attracted to your product.

This is why I am so hoping that your snippet lite or pro can help me.

Thanks

emailgirls
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 08:26:18 PM »

Well, if the template files contain normal HTML, then you can simply "wrap" the part you want to be editable with snippet tags, and edit that as if it were a normal page.

However... most template files that come with programs like this contain special "NON-html" code.. which means it probably won't look right in the snippetmaster editor.

You can certainly try it and see what happens...  Can't hurt.  Just make sure you don't save any changes you make.. or make a backup.. just in case.  Smile

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Can Snippetmaster help me edit my .php scripted web site « previous next »
Jump to: