SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 21, 2018, 12:39:13 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2018, 12:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: How do I change a license so it can be used for a different website? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do I change a license so it can be used for a different website?  (Read 7308 times)
Pangdene

[-] How do I change a license so it can be used for a different website?
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:58:07 AM »

Hi Henri,

just a general question. Can a license be re-used or transferred from one domain to another, e.g. a client leaves me or uses a different domain name?

Regards
P Smile
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:11:33 PM by admin » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Can a license be re-used?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 03:10:56 AM »

Yes, this is no problem.   Here is how to "re-issue" a license key for use with a different website:

1. Log into your account in the license management system.  http://snippetmaster.com/customers/

2. Click to view the license key that needs to be re-assigned.

3. When viewing the license key details, click the "re-issue" button.  

This will clear the current license details, and then you can use the license key for the different website.  The first time the license key is used again (after pressing the re-issue button), the license will become "locked" to the new website.

Smile
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:50:34 AM by admin » Report to moderator   Logged
wpatters1229

[-] Re: How do I change a license so it can be used for a different website?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »

I tried that on a non-profit license to assign to another non-profit since the first one was on a hosting service that would not allow the software to run.  There was no re-issue button.  Is that because it was a free license for non-profit?
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: How do I change a license so it can be used for a different website?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 12:33:29 AM »

Hello,

Yes, there is no re-issue button for free non-profit licenses.  Smile  If you need to switch a non-profit license to another website (also non-profit, of course) then you can either let me know and I'll switch it manually for you... or just order another free non-profit license and all is good. 

Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: How do I change a license so it can be used for a different website? « previous next »
Jump to: