SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 23, 2018, 09:59:54 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 09:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Is this software still supported? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is this software still supported?  (Read 11139 times)
Simon

Email
[-] Is this software still supported?
« on: September 23, 2005, 12:14:40 PM »

Hi,

We're very keen to use your software and will need numerous licenses.

I'm just worried that the software has not been updated for some time and doesn't appear to being maintained - is this the case?

We don't want to spend $70+ per site for something that maybe dying a death.

Your response greatly appreciated.

Simon
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Is this software still supported?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 12:40:17 PM »

Hi Simon,

Yes, the software is supported.  I provide support for the current version, and to everyone who has purchased a license. 

I admit the software hasn't been updated in a looooong time, and I am very very close to finally finishing the new version.  Just waiting for my developer to get back from honeymoon/holiday, so we can squash the last couple of bugs.

A quick explaination of why there has been little progress made on this release might help to explain things...  basically, I've been travelling around the world for the last year or so, and at the same time I've been building my "real" business (the one that pays my bills to live). 

At this point, my wife and I have just settled down in our new home (Corsica, France!), and I've just recently sold a huge chunk of my business.. which means I have a lot more time available now to dedicate to the SnippetMaster software.

My goal is to get this new release out asap, and then to start work on additional features, etc.  Smile

Let me know if you have any questions about anything!   Very Happy
simon

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 01:31:01 PM »

Hi,

That's great - thanks for the update.

The current version looks great so can't wait to see the new one!!

Cheers

Simon
Tim Rogers

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 02:59:36 AM »

I know you are busy my friend but Its it coming soon? My project is at a standstill at the moment!

Tim
princeopersia

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:46:01 AM »

Henri, how about a beta version for those of us who want the new version so bad we'll put up with some bugs and maybe even help you find some new ones?

Do you think November is realistic for the final release?

Ali
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 05:31:45 AM »

Henri, how about a beta version for those of us who want the new version so bad we'll put up with some bugs and maybe even help you find some new ones?

Do you think November is realistic for the final release?

Ali
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 03:37:06 AM by admin » Report to moderator   Logged
ga_webmaster

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 04:49:20 AM »

Henri!

Can we get a more definitive date for release?  I have a project that is at a complete standstill and a very dissatisfied and frustrated client.

Please advise,

Heather
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 03:36:32 AM »

It's coming, asap.

Here's a question.  I'm having no end of trouble getting the new wysiwyg editor integrated properly into the new version.  Do you want me to release the beta testing "as is" and get things started?  Everything else is ready to go except for this.

Basically, the only issue is that I'm having trouble with the "browse folders" functionality.. so the editor works, and everything is good.. but you can't yet browse folders very easily.

Let me know...
GregorH

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 06:32:51 AM »

Hola Henri,

I wouldn't mind to test the new version with still some bugs in it. But what does it mean:

...but you can't yet browse folders very easily.

Is it possible to browse folders at all, which folders do you mean (images or Snippet pages) or how do we have to understand this missing funcionality?

regards,
Gregor.

denyed

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 08:35:10 AM »

Henri, you can do it! We know you can!! I have been crossing my fingers for a snippetmaster compatible with Firefox since the day I found Snippet! Hope to see something soon because I am wanting to add snippet to more sites but need the browser flexibility...

Cheers!
PARoss

[-] New Version
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 10:08:37 AM »

Henri,

I'm ready to buy, but would like to just deal with the new version. To get the old version and then have to deal with the new version in a month seems like a waste of time and precious brain cells (which are weak and feeble anyway!).

Phil
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 05:46:59 AM »

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that the new version was just released to BETA testers yesterday.  Smile 

You can read more about it here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/forums/index.php/topic,705.0.html

Cheers!

PARoss

[-] pricing
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 07:16:42 AM »

Henri,

I thought that I could buy SnippetMaster as a web designer, brand it and use it for the sites I design -- all for one price. But on closer examination, it looks like it will cost $79 per domain. That's the same cost as Contribute, which is a much more powerful program. Do I understand this correctly?

Phil
GregorH

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 08:46:44 AM »

I really like to know Henris answer to this  Very Happy

But my feelings are as follow:
1. contribute cost
denyed

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 10:13:45 AM »

But the thing is, we want our clients to be able to edit certain sections of the website. I don't want them fooling around with the html/css of the site. So I don't want to even introduce my clients to DW(Dreamweaver, right?).

It sounds to me like Snippetmaster still is one up on Contribute.

I really like to know Henris answer to this  Very Happy

But my feelings are as follow:
1. contribute cost <
PARoss

[-] Prcing
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 11:00:02 AM »

Here is what the Contribute site says:

"Website management made simple.

Contribute 3 makes website maintenance easy.  Contribute lets everyone in an organization publish to websites and bring them alive with up-to-date information. There is no easier or more affordable way to keep web content current and relevant.  Contribute 3 redefines web publishing, making it an activity open to everybody, every day.

Purchased separately, Contribute Publishing Server (CPS) is a flexible, scalable solution that works with Contribute 3 and Dreamweaver 8 to allow IT administrators to easily control, manage and analyze web content.

box shot
Buy or Upgrade

from US $79"

Note: "Buy or Upgrade"

Henri, how does the reseller program work? On the SnippetMaster site it says:

"The suggested cost for purchasing a SnippetMaster PRO license key (good for one hostname only) is $24.95 for a regular license and $74.95 for a reseller license. (Prices are in $US)"

Tell me about the $24.95 deal. It sounds like I can buy a reseller copy for myself and then sell a regular license to my web design customers for their domain. This may be what we are looking for.

Phil
GregorH

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 11:08:04 AM »

Hi denyed ,

right, thats a different story! But you wrote:

I thought that I could buy SnippetMaster as a web designer, brand it and use it for the sites I design -- all for one price

With Contribute, every of your clients <I want to use it for the sites I design, that a different story from: My client should us it to update his site.

If you want your client to be able to edit his pages, snippetmaster (especialy the new version 2!!) is the way to go. Much easier than Contribute is, less than half the price and fully rebrandable!!

Regards from Spain,
Gregor

just read your new post.
If you go deeper in the contribute purchase pages you will find that 79$ is the upgrade price, thats why it says "from"!!

BTW: I am not Henris salesperson and don't get any percentage  Wink
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 11:14:25 AM by GregorH » Report to moderator   Logged
denyed

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 12:29:42 PM »

GregorH: I think you have me confused with PARoss. But that's OK. I understand your message and agree that snippetmaster is the way to go. I am a beta tester and I need to download it and give version 2 a run for the money! Smile
GregorH

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 12:48:37 PM »

Ups, your right, what a confusion!! Sorry for this mes!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Is this software still supported? « previous next »
Jump to: