SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 20, 2018, 03:26:06 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 03:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: SnippetMaster does not work with php running in safe mode. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SnippetMaster does not work with php running in safe mode.  (Read 4915 times)
dz

[-] SnippetMaster does not work with php running in safe mode.
« on: August 23, 2005, 10:06:28 PM »

[ Admin note: SnippetMaster works just fine with php safe_mode enabled.  There are hundreds of customers who are using it with php safe mode, and no problems.  Smile  ]

SnippetMaster does not work with php running in safe mode. It seems to be the root of the "it says it saved it but the changes don't show up" problem reflected in about 100 posts in this forum.

Nothing wrong with that, just trying to save some of you the couple of days I wasted trying to make it work. Henri has a great piece of software here if it works on your server. Good luck to all of you.

DZ
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:37:53 AM by admin » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: SnippetMaster does not work with php running in safe mode.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 12:08:51 PM »

I'm not sure there are 100 posts with that subject, but the most common reason for the "did not save" problem is incorrect permissions for the file that is being saved.  9 out of 10 people who contact me with this problem simply need to do a "chmod 777" for the file they want to save.

Smile

But yes.. snippetmaster does not work with php in "safe mode".
Report to moderator   Logged
dz

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:16:52 PM »

And SnippetMaster is an awesome piece of software. I have installed WebEdit Pro and about 4 others, which also do not work with safe mode on, and SnippetMaster is by far the easiest to install and get running.

I'm currently working on a workaround to my safe mode problem so that I can use SnippetMaster.

Thanks for your hard work, Henri.

DZ
blindlemon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »

You may be able to change this setting yourself, on a per-directory basis.
Simply create a text file named '.htaccess' in the directory containing the scripts concerned (or the root directory) and place in it the following text:

php_value safe_mode 0

I know this works with register_globals off
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:26:28 AM »

BTW - I'm pretty sure the new "v2" version of Snippetmaster (currently in beta testing) works with safe_mode turned on.  Not sure, though.. as I don't have a testing server with it on.

Smile
atlaz

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 11:05:09 PM »

Nope Smile
Doesn't work.
This is better for us, since we get to move our customers from their old ISP:s to our webhotell Razz
But i can see that this "feature" with safe mode enabled gives some serious problems.
Jenkinhill

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 01:12:07 AM »

I have done 3 installs on a server with safe mode on. Worked fine for me, with just the extra step of creating the database file and setting permissions. The server you are trying will almost certainly have a different configuration, but PHP safe mode alone does not prevent SnippetMaster from installing and working.

Good reason for moving the clients to your own server, though.  Smile

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 11:35:43 AM »

Yes, there are lots of people now running the new version of SnippetMaster on servers with PHP safe_mode turned on.  It works great.

But of course... the odds are that if your web host has php safe_mode enabled, then they are either:

1) Super paranoid and they have also disabled a lot of other things...

2) Inept, and have enabled safe_mode because they don't know how to properly secure the server without making the php software practically useless.

Either of the above situations could result in a million unknown configuratoin scenarios for php on your server.

But I can guarantee that snippetmaster works with safe_mode on...

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: SnippetMaster does not work with php running in safe mode. « previous next »
Jump to: